Memory Card Advice.Accessories

Last Updated:

1. williamj1

williamj1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all.

I want to buy a new memory card, as I'm gonna root and want more space etc. So looking to go for a class 4 or up.

Was originally going to go for this... Class 6 - Samsung 8GB

Samsung 8GB Micro SDHC PLUS High Speed memory card Class 6: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

Now tempted by a 16gb micro sd. Problem is, amazon don't seem to sell the equivalent ^^ in 16gb. I can only find this - a class 4 kingston.

Kingston Class 4 16GB Micro SDHC card: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

What do people think? Will there be much difference between a class 4 kingston and a class 6 samsung? Do kingston make reliable cards? The samsung had extra stuff like shockproof, waterproof etc. What do people think?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. Cougar

Cougar Well-Known Member

Kingston and Samsung both make good memory.

SD cards are nigh on indestructable, especially given that you'll be using a carry case four inches across and made from plastic, glass and metal.

3. bigstu22

bigstu22 Active Member

Just fitted the Kingston one today. Certainly transfers data a lot quicker than the Samsung 4 gig class 2 that came with it. Video playback is fine too-although I found the original card as good.

From what I've read, A good class 4 branded card is far better than class 2 but not that much inferior to a class 6. I reckoned the price hike wasn't worth it.

Do you really want to buy a card that only has 4 gig more than the original?

4. ben.fred

ben.fred Well-Known Member

so, i have a class for san disk mirco sd HC card, that doesnt really work. when i copy stuff to it, sometime it forgets my data...
    anyone had this problem?

5. Uridium

Uridium Well-Known Member

Possibly some corruption on the partition. Try connecting it to a PC with a cardreader, opening an MS-DOS prompt and running chkdsk <driveletter>: /F

6. ArthurIhde

ArthurIhde Well-Known Member

thanks i am looking for a memory card [​IMG]

7. rizla

rizla New Member

Does anyone know how the Kingston Class 4 16gb fares with 720p video recording?

8. Gigacha

Gigacha Member

I also would like to know that.

9. Uridium

Uridium Well-Known Member

Works fine for me.

Gigacha likes this.
  10. cnanthony

cnanthony Well-Known Member

Don't you need a class 6 to partition to enable apps2sd+?

I cureently have class 2 and have read some stories that you can fry your card tryign to partition it after rooting?

11. Eris Ed

Eris Ed Well-Known Member

You can partition any class SD card for A2SD+. The difference is that with A2SD+ the phone uses the SD card partition as phone storage, and phone storage is very fast solid state memory. So, you want the data transfer speed of your SD card to be as fast as possible so that any apps and widgets stored on the card don't suffer slow down as a result of being on the card and not phone storage.