Memory Card Error?Support

Last Updated:

1. ExcessiveIdling

ExcessiveIdling Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

While I posted this in the 'does a faster memory card help my droid blah blah' forum post I think it got overshadowed or what have you. Purchased
    Newegg.com - RiDATA Lightning Series 16GB Micro SDHC (MicroSD) Flash Card w/2 Adapters (SD/Mini SD/Mini SDHC) Model RDMICSDHC16G-LIG-2 - Flash Memory
    From new egg obviously and at first it seemed to work. Unmounted my old card that the phone came with...inserted new card, formatted it, and everything seemed fine. I copied a few of my ringtones and some wallpapers(totalling less than 1 gig) just fine however when I tried to copy over some of my mp3s, movies, anything else past that point it kept giving me crc errors. Figured ok fine..hoping its NOT the memory card I decided to format the card in windows (using my own memory card reader). Format went through fine (fat 32) remounted card and again..no go on copy. Is my memory card defective? Anyone know/have experience with newegg and/or ridata on returns? Do I rma it to newegg or do I try to rma it with ritek?

Advertisement
  2. retrorom

retrorom Well-Known Member

Have you tried to copy those larger files on the card via your card-reader, it might work like that. Or try formatting your card with the right tools, like SDFormatter V2.0

If those things don't work then it might be the card itself that is defective

3. ExcessiveIdling

ExcessiveIdling Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I did try copying files over via card reader and still didn't work either. Guess Ill have to rma it. Boo