• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Memory Card for HTC Desire

Sheshnag

Apr 28, 2010
I am looking to expand my card memory for HTC Desire. I read in the phone specs that it takes Micro SD cards of up to 32 gb.

I have been looking for a Micro SD 32gb gard and it does not seem to exist. All I can find is the Micro SDHC cards which I have read on the manufacturers website is not compatible with Micro SD!! Can some one please let me know EITHER where to find micro SD 16gb OR if the Micro SDHC actually works in the Desire.

Also I was thinking of getting atleast class 6. Does Desire also have class compatibility? Will class 6 work? I could not find this within the specs.

I am getting tire of HTC. It looks like The "NEW" phones are only compatible with old memory card format that is no longer widely available. This to add to the fact that I have only just got the phone to realise that the software version it is running on (2.1) has already been superseded with no hint of any upgrade apart from some random statements.

:mad:

I've got a 16Gb microSDHC card in mine and can confirm SDHC cards run perfectly. Class compatability is not an issue I've found.

I've also found that paying a premium for the higher class cards (for a typical smart phone) is a false economy in comparison tests unless you're going for it for bragging rights or possibly if you're going to be utilising it in a device that's doing tonnes of video recording or watching where large data throughput is required, even then the laws of diminishing returns seems to apply very hard for anything above class 2 in 'real life' usage. I can't think of an app or practical applicational usage on the Desire that 'needs' anything faster than a 2Mb/sec sustained transfer rate (aside from transferring files)

When you get your new card take a copy of everything on your old card to a folder on your PC, dismount your old card from the Desire, plug in your new card, transfer everything you copied to your new card and stick in the phone. Should work straight off. I had no issues.

Good luck.

Reactions: lbk and Sheshnag
Upvote 0
Hey guys. I am looking for a good SDHC 32gb card for my Desire, and stumbled upon this one:

Maxflash SDHC 32GB Class 6
It's only about 88$ converted from my local currency.
It almost seems a little too good to be true. Should I go for something else or is this a bargain of a lifetime?

You need a "Micro SDHC" not a normal sized SD card.;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones