Memory Card for HTC DesireAccessories

Last Updated:

1. Sheshnag

Sheshnag Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am looking to expand my card memory for HTC Desire. I read in the phone specs that it takes Micro SD cards of up to 32 gb.

I have been looking for a Micro SD 32gb gard and it does not seem to exist. All I can find is the Micro SDHC cards which I have read on the manufacturers website is not compatible with Micro SD!! Can some one please let me know EITHER where to find micro SD 16gb OR if the Micro SDHC actually works in the Desire.

Also I was thinking of getting atleast class 6. Does Desire also have class compatibility? Will class 6 work? I could not find this within the specs.

I am getting tire of HTC. It looks like The "NEW" phones are only compatible with old memory card format that is no longer widely available. This to add to the fact that I have only just got the phone to realise that the software version it is running on (2.1) has already been superseded with no hint of any upgrade apart from some random statements.

:mad:

Advertisement
  2. flapper

flapper Member

I've got a 16Gb microSDHC card in mine and can confirm SDHC cards run perfectly. Class compatability is not an issue I've found.

I've also found that paying a premium for the higher class cards (for a typical smart phone) is a false economy in comparison tests unless you're going for it for bragging rights or possibly if you're going to be utilising it in a device that's doing tonnes of video recording or watching where large data throughput is required, even then the laws of diminishing returns seems to apply very hard for anything above class 2 in 'real life' usage. I can't think of an app or practical applicational usage on the Desire that 'needs' anything faster than a 2Mb/sec sustained transfer rate (aside from transferring files)

When you get your new card take a copy of everything on your old card to a folder on your PC, dismount your old card from the Desire, plug in your new card, transfer everything you copied to your new card and stick in the phone. Should work straight off. I had no issues.

Good luck.

lbk and Sheshnag like this.
  3. CarsnGadgets

CarsnGadgets Well-Known Member

SDHC is just high capacity HD, meaning anything over 2GB, so yes they work fine in the Desire.

16GB cards are about

lbk and Sheshnag like this.
  4. Khas

Khas Member

Is the class thing a problem for flashing the ROM? I'm trying to do that just now with my Orange Desire, I've tried 3 different cards and none work, even the included one. I'm not sure whether it's the class of card or the manufacturer (they were all SanDisk)

5. Shifty2k5

Shifty2k5 New Member

Hey guys. I am looking for a good SDHC 32gb card for my Desire, and stumbled upon this one:

Maxflash SDHC 32GB Class 6

It's only about 88$ converted from my local currency.
    It almost seems a little too good to be true. Should I go for something else or is this a bargain of a lifetime?

6. Casual Pete

Casual Pete Well-Known Member

You need a "Micro SDHC" not a normal sized SD card.;)

7. Shifty2k5

Shifty2k5 New Member

Your answer makes much sense to me. I am having feelings of shame.

8. ijb

ijb Member

Sandisk are the only manufacturer currently making 32gb micro SDHC cards. They cost

9. DCFC79

DCFC79 Well-Known Member

I got a 16gb micro sd sdhc for about

10. trichie

trichie Member

I purchased a Sandisk 32gb MicroSDHC card Class 4. The problem I have is I can't transfer large (over 8 mb) files to it through the usb cable to the phone. It locks the phone up. The only way is to transfer with a card reader directly from the computer. Anyone else have this problem?

11. heat57

heat57 Well-Known Member

I use a 16GB ADATA class 6 card and transferred a single avi file of 700MB - no problem whats-o-ever.