• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Memory card HTC Desire Z

well, I have a problem with my HTC Desire Z. Yesterday I removed a camera glass because of weak quality of made photos. Well I removed it and then my memory card wasn't visible for my phone. I tried to make an access to the PC by USB but it's not visible device.
dsc9568h.jpg

I found this under cover of my HTC. Today I was at the phone service and the man told me that it didn't cause this problem. Yesterday I tried to put another memory card to the access point in my HTC, but it still hasn't been visible. Memory card from this phone is working right in other phones, so it's a problem of my phone.

I'm sorry you are having problems reading your SD card. I suspect in your camera repair you inadvertently effected the reading of the SD card. If you can't physically see the problem, and a way to repair, I'd suggest taking it to a repair shop. I'm pretty satisfied it's a hardware problem created by your camera repair. I wish I knew more and could suggest where you might look for the problem... sorry.

Upvote 0
little bit off topic, but I also had problems with poor quality of the pictures, even when the phone was brand new out of the box.
if there was a light source in the picture it would look like i was taking a picture of the sun, and other pictures would be blurry.

I put some toothpaste on a q-tip and polished the glass for 30 minutes or so, and afterwards I cleaned it with a moist paper towel, perfect pictures ever since, or the ones with poor quality is now the photographers blame :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones