Memory Card Question...Ringtone Disappeared?Support

Last Updated:

1. alison03

alison03 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I downloaded a ringtone from Zedge back around June (yes, just one).
    I had it in my stock music player and set it to ringtone. All's been well until today when I got a call and instead of my typical song, it was some weird stock ringer.

I went back to my music player and couldn't find it anywhere, and then I opened DoubleTwist to see if I could find it there and it said, "Scanning Memory Card" and showed a picture of a half red/half grey memory card on the screen. Nothing seems to have been found as it's been sitting like that for about 5 minutes. I opened up the phone, removed the memory card, and reinserted it. Tried to look for the mp3 and found it. Reset it as my phone ringtone.

I realize I solved my own problem, but I was just concerned as to why it wasn't finding my memory card all of a sudden? Why did I have to remove it and reinsert it for my phone to read it? Never having a smartphone before, is this a sign of a bad card? Bad connection? Did I accidentally do something to cause this? I haven't I done anything unusual to my phone that would alter my music (or anything else for that matter)...just made calls, browsed the internet, and charged it as normal.

Thanks for easing my paranoia! :)

Advertisement
  2. alison03

yikes, anybody? :)

3. RMarkwald

RMarkwald Active Member

I would say it could possibly be a bad card, try another to see what happens. I would start there first to troubleshoot. They are pretty inexpensive now, where the 16GB's are like $25 to $30.

alison03 likes this.
  4. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

Take this opportunity to back up your card contents. Connect to the PC in disk drive mode and copy the contents to the PC. With that safety net in place you can just call this a fluke and keep on with your current card. If you have continued problems and a replacement card is necessary, you can copy the saved contents to your new card for a seemless transfer.

alison03 likes this.
  5. alison03

Thanks for the help!

I will grab a new card next week to have just in case, but nothing out of the ordinary has happened before, or since that one random ring tone incident.

And I will back-up everything to my computer right now!

Thanks again!