Memory Card Read only after nandroid restore

Last Updated:

1. HTCandroid

HTCandroid Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

right...

originally had leedroid 2.2a but then flashed defrost 5.3 to see what it was like. Found it was not very stable so i decided to nandroid restore back to leedroid, now my memory card has changed to read only and i can't use it with my phone.

any ideas on a fix?

Advertisement
  2. Rastaman-FB

Rastaman-FB Well-Known Member

wtf?
    how do you know its read only?
    done something in windows to it?

3. HTCandroid

it comes up saying cant access card, its read only or something along them lines. didnt do anything in windows, literally just nandroid restored

sorted it now though

4. Rastaman-FB

Rastaman-FB Well-Known Member

can you tell us what you did to fix it?
    will enhance our knowledge to help other people

5. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Have a look in my Sig also. If its a different fix, I.will add it

6. HTCandroid

It can be found in Danfrance's sig...

Micro SD card mounted as Read Only? - HTC EVO? 4G (Sprint) - Android Forums - HTC Community

Post by Kirosana
    "I solved the problem easily. Just go to Menu/Settings/SD&PhoneStorage. Then pull down the notification bar and tap where it tells you that the sd card has an unexpected problem, while it is working to solve it quickly tap Unmount SD Card on the previous screen a few times, this should allow you to format the card to the phones specification. Thus solving the problem in it's entirety"

After this i rebooted the phone, when back into settings and clicked mount card. obviously lost everything but luckily i backed it all up just a day or 2 before.

Also read that if you can get your computer to recognise the card you can perform a microsoft check and fix which can delete whatever is causing corruption, but i didnt try this as the only way i could get my memory card into the computer was through my phone and it was coming up as something along the lines of 'insert storage'. May work if using a sd adapter though.