Memory CardGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Rooski

Rooski Member This Topic's Starter

Okay so I Unmounted my memory card for safe removal and I removed it and put all my pictures onto my computer like I ALWAYS do and I went to put the memory card back into the phone and I did and now it is telling me that I have a "Blank External SD card" and it says "SD card blank or has unsupported file systems". What the heck do I do? I don't know what happened, I didn't add anything to the card or do anything to it except for remove it take the pics off and put it back in. I did it the correct way. What do I do???

Advertisement
  2. Rooski

Okay and now it's telling me that I need to format the SD card in order to use it. I seriously want to sit here and cry I have videos on there that I have NOT yet removed and put onto the computer. What the heck happened to my memory card???

3. gilbequick

gilbequick Well-Known Member

Don't know what happened.

Did you try putting it back in your computer and reading the files from there? If it won't read it in your computer and your phone then try another phone. If that doesn't work then you're most likely screwed :cool:. Format it and move on.

4. pastafarian

pastafarian Pâtes avec votre foie Moderator

As mentioned, I would try reading it on the computer. Why did you remove the card to read it in the first place? Why not use a usb cable instead?

5. Rooski

I tried reading it on the computer and tried multiple other devices that can use a memory card and it didn't work. I had to format it and start over. I have to remove the card to transfer pics/vids/music/etc to the computer because this phone apparently doesn't feel like working for me with the USB cable. I'm fairly quickly beginning to lose my patience with this phone.

6. pastafarian

For the usb issue, did you turn off usb debugging on the phone? Maybe we can get that issue resolved so you don't need to remove the card.

7. Rooski

Yup I have tried it with USB debugging on and off and it doesn't work either way. Whenever I turn it off it shows the usb icon on the phone and when I click to mount it to the computer it says it is but nothing shows on my computer. And when I allow it it doesn't show anything on the phone or computer.

8. gilbequick

gilbequick Well-Known Member

Hmm that's interesting. All I do is click on Mount USB and viola it's good to go.

9. pastafarian

Are you running Win7 64bit?

http://androidforums.com/samsung-moment/79976-trouble-connecting-samsung-moment-windows-7-a.html

The Moment and Intercept are more similar than different.

10. Rooski

No I don't have Windows 7, I still have Vista.

11. pastafarian