Memory CardGeneral

Last Updated:

1. mandroid

mandroid Member This Topic's Starter

Does anyone know if the 1gb sd card has anything loaded to it when shipped or is everything on the onboard memory? I ordered an 8gb card and wondered if I need to transfer data or just swap them.

Advertisement
  2. Chase-HFD

Chase-HFD Active Member

Is it a SD or a Micro SD card? I would assume micro since that's what every other phone uses, but I wanna make sure so I can buy the right one. I've tried looking through the G1 manual and it never says I don't think.

3. N3TWORK BURN3R

N3TWORK BURN3R Well-Known Member

The phone has some ROM on it, so im sure that the included card will be empty, like all the memory cards that come on phones.

4. bluesk1d

bluesk1d Active Member

Google announced today (or yesterday, not sure) that even though they said 16GB cards would be supported later after a firmware release, they are indeed supported now. You can pick one up from provantage.com for quite a reasonable $75.34

5. N3TWORK BURN3R

N3TWORK BURN3R Well-Known Member

Man, im so tempted to just buy one NOW, but i think im gonna wait till i have the phone. Seeing how it doesnt have a standard headphone jack, im not too sure if i will be using it for music :-(

6. onilink67

onilink67 Active Member

I bought one 3 days ago :D

7. OrganizedFellow

OrganizedFellow Well-Known Member

thanks for the link!

8. Pdeco1

Pdeco1 Member

Cant google find something cheaper than 75 bucks?

9. onilink67

onilink67 Active Member

I tried don't forget this is less then a week old so the market isn't saturated with them they could charge a lot more

10. Pdeco1

Pdeco1 Member

Well we have two weeks

11. ballerchris6998

ballerchris6998 Member

If you saw the adapter i'm sure you probalbly would'nt see it as a big deal i'm gonna order the 16gb micro sd card. The adapter is quite small and then you can use whatever headphones you wanted.

12. ballerchris6998

ballerchris6998 Member

If you saw the adapter i'm sure you probalbly would'nt see it as a big deal i'm gonna order the 16gb micro sd card. The adapter is quite small and then you can use whatever headphones you wanted. Here is a link to what the adapter will look like http://store.androidcommunity.com/content/accessories/12-45--2373.htm

13. Haze23

Haze23 Member

The memory card has like 15 random songs on it so you can hear how good the sound is, but that is all. A 16gb card was used in it and it worked. They said it might be able to hold a larger one. I was a little sad to see programs download to device memory and not the cards. Hopefully someone will make an app for that if it start to bogg it down. The one I looked at had about 8 new apps on it and it didn't effect its profromance. When you sync to computer it just reads the card. Fun stuff, I can hardly wait. Oh

jmar likes this.