Memory CardsSupport

Last Updated:

1. abelicose

abelicose New Member This Topic's Starter

I'm new to the Samsung Captivate but have studied what I can find online and elsewhere. I want to add 16 GB of memory, and an AT&T store, which only sells up to 8 GB, says Micro SD is the correct card. Elsewhere I find that all cards manufactured today above 8 GB are SDHC, and above 32 GB are SDXC. I also found that SD cards are formatted FAT16 and SDHC are formatted FAT32. Does this mean I can't use the Micro SDHC 16 GB card? Or can I use it and reformat it to FAT16?

BTW, I looked for a system update this morning and lo and behold received version 2.1 Upgrade 1, which after installation, fixed several problems I had encountered.

Advertisement
  2. sremick

sremick Well-Known Member

A lot of places refer to "MicroSDHC" as simply "MicroSD". Either will work fine in your Captivate.

You can get good prices on MicroSD(HC) cards at Newegg.com, including 16 and 32GB cards (although currently the best price on the 32GB card is $99 from Verizon).

Several people have tried the 32GB card in the Captivate and reported that it works fine.