• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Memory decreasing...seemingly on its own?

xraychick01

Nov 8, 2010
I have noticed that the memory on my phone keeps going down. I have not added any apps for almost a week, yet the memory has decreased since then. What's the reson for this, does anyone know? Also, are we going to be getting 2.2 for the Aria? I would really like to store my apps on my SD card!

I have noticed that the memory on my phone keeps going down. I have not added any apps for almost a week, yet the memory has decreased since then. What's the reson for this, does anyone know? Also, are we going to be getting 2.2 for the Aria? I would really like to store my apps on my SD card!

By memory....are you talking about ROM memory or RAM memory? If its ram, dont worry about it.

Upvote 0
I think he means like phone storage...

For myself I feel something of the sort is happening as well,
I mean I used to have so many apps and I deleted them all, now to only come down to a few apps such as handcent and LauncherPro... with no games. and about the same amount of space left.
Exactly...I was talking about phone storage. Isn't that weird? Wonder why this happens?

Upvote 0
Lots of your apps cache things to the phone internal storage. Are you downloading emails? Adding contacts? Getting Facebook updates?

Your space *should* decrease over time as your apps continue to cache or save things to the phone. Many apps don't use the SD card for this. However, at some point the max cache size should be reached for each app and you shouldn't see much change.

Reactions: xraychick01
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones