• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help "Memory Full" message

all of a sudden i got this message "database storage space is nearly full. Delete some user created data from Contacts MEssage, Calendar, or Call Log and try again" I have no idea why this is all of sudden coming up. Ive deleted a ISH load of things. ive delete all my text messages (using GoSMS) and del ALL my call logs, ive deleted games, apps, and other non need stuff from my SD card. When i go to settings SD card and phone settings, i have:

Internal SD Card
Total Space: 13GB
Available Space: 1.44GB

Internal Available Space:
1.19 GB

can someone help me out? on top of all that i keep getting "text message memory full" incoming message rejected to due full..." and i cant read the rest because it in the "on going menu" plus its always says "low on space Database storage is getting low" this wont go away either. WTF is going on is 1GB too little to have??? thanks.

PS here are 2 screen shots

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6194/6039131090_f06db79aaa_b.jpg
http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6088/6039130996_c28431519d_b.jpg

It seems you reached the limit of memory on the phone with the last text you received or app you installed. Even after clearing up the messages you will still get this message unfortunately. What you will have to do is go into the app inventory and clear the cache and moving apps to external sd helps also. The internal space is the culprit here.
Download this app [app2sd].
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.a0soft.gphone.app2sd&feature=search_result
It list all the apps that you can move to sd and allows to clear the cache on all your apps. After this do a shutdown, remove battery/put battery back and reboot.

Ive had this issue before and was able to overcome it.

Reactions: scottybones
Upvote 0
It seems you reached the limit of memory on the phone with the last text you received or app you installed. Even after clearing up the messages you will still get this message unfortunately. What you will have to do is go into the app inventory and clear the cache and moving apps to external sd helps also. The internal space is the culprit here.
Download this app [app2sd].
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.a0soft.gphone.app2sd&feature=search_result
It list all the apps that you can move to sd and allows to clear the cache on all your apps. After this do a shutdown, remove battery/put battery back and reboot.

Ive had this issue before and was able to overcome it.

ive cleared ALL my apps cache, and i CANT move the app to the SD card cuz it says ""failed to move application. Not enough memory" why the heck would it even say it cant move cuz of memory??? i tried doing this w/o the app (cuz its what i did before and got the error) so then i DL app2SD (free version) and then when i try to move the an app this is movable i still get the very same error message, any ideas?

Upvote 0
Do you have a Micro sd card in phone sounds like you dont go buy one and it just slides in then you can move stuff around and have room
i put in my 4gb SD card now that i had lying around for like 8 months. i moved alot of my stuff to the SD card and have just under 2GB free, ive cleared all apps cache,turned off phone w/ batt out, rebooted and now i STILL get the messages!!! WTF!

Upvote 0
I was able to get 10MB by clearing the Browser Cache on my Samsung Stratosphere

Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > All > Browser > Clear Data

Do the same and Clear Cache might get rid of more.

Anyway, 10MB showed up when I went to my "Task Manager" app

Task Manager > Storage > See the "Personal Data" setting

For some stupid reason they made the Personal Data a separate smaller partition for the internal memory, so even though you have gobs of free space, NOT so in this partition.

I don't know if using a different browser would get the data to save on the SD card (I'm trying Opera).

Good luck

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones