memory full problemSupport

1. xybok

xybok Member

hi guys just bought a new htc tattoo.
    i have installed many applications n games on my phone. and now it says low on space and i realise all the applications r geting stored on the phone memory and its almost full now.
    the problem is i dont see any option to select memory card when installing the applications through sinc or market. also how can i move all the aplications to the memory card. is my memory card not supported or i m missing out some basic setting.
    how to set the default storage of the phone to the memory card so tht next time i install any application or nythin it goes directly to card.

pleazzz help me out guys cant fix this problem hav tryed everthin..

Advertisement
  2. moblinLinux

moblinLinux Member

Did you go into settings and select SD Card and phone settings
  3. xybok

xybok Member

yes i have seen the sd card and phone settings but it does not have ny option to make the sd card default memory of the phone or even to move applications to the card all it does is display the remaining memory on the sd card and phone. and all the options are in grey (non highlighted) and cant be edited except for unmount sd card.
  4. unofficialitguy

unofficialitguy Active Member

Android currently will only let you install and run applications on the internal memory and use the SD card for additional application support files. Google is working on a way to allow for securely runnings apps from the SD card.
  5. xybok

xybok Member

That Sucks...
    Thanks for the info, i hope they fix this problem soon or else we cant enjoy much applications on the phone.
  6. brandmarked

brandmarked Well-Known Member

If you are not aware already, you can swap them in and out of the phone memory onto the SDcard easily using AppManager (my favourite) or Astro (expect paid for apps). I keep the ones I just use occassionally on SDcard so that I dont have to go onto the market to get them again.

I still have 50 apps in the phone memory with 80Mb to spare though - you must have heaps of apps installed?

- Mark
  7. xybok

xybok Member

i have also used astro. are u sayin that we can move installed aplications from the phone memory to the sd card n they still run on the phone >??
    i have already tried that but i couldn't find the installed applications on the phone memory also i didnt know which files to move on the sd card.
  8. brandmarked

brandmarked Well-Known Member

Unfortunately not. You can't run them from the SD card.

But you can use it to move apps you want to the SD card temporarily, and then use Astro to being them back into phone memory for when you want to use them.

Just use it for the apps you don's use that often and leave 20Mb or so available on your phone.

- Mark
  9. kashish

kashish Member

Good news! one of the major changes with Android 2.1 is that you can install and run apps from the SD card....with the update scheduled soon...this problem will be fixed for us
  10. anino78

anino78 Member

are you sure about that? because nexus one is using Android 2.1 and it still doesnt support the A2SD. maybe android 3.0 will support this.. hehehe.
  11. xybok

xybok Member

well as for now i m quiet satisfied with the 1.6 OS on my phone, except for 2 major problems, 1 no blue-tooth file transfer n 2 soft-wares cant b installed on sd card.
    i just hope they fix these major issues then solving smaller bugs in the next upgrade.
  12. kashish

kashish Member

I agree...my mistake...it is still on the to-do/coming next list!
  13. alek_73

alek_73 Well-Known Member

Agree, but I think there is an additional issue very important: the possibility to configure a proxy server when using WiFi connection.
    No way to use a company wireless network without it !