memory loss? ram not rom.

Last Updated:

1. maddmatt02

maddmatt02 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I know about the ROM memory leak when you shut off the phone while BT is trying to connect, but I havent seen anyone talking about loss of RAM. you get it back after the phone is rebooted, but I noticed with taskpanel x and now with auto task killer. (I did a factory reset and attempted to use the phone w/o a task manager/killer and it was unbearable)

I start the phone and had about 97 in the beginning with taskpanel x, everytime it would "kill all" the available memory would be lower, eventually in the 50's with everything killed and Id restart the phone and then Id be back in the 90's.

now with auto task killer Im looking at 54.4 available when I wake the phone up, just restarted it and I have 76

does anyone else have this problem? I was hoping the 2.0 release would also come with a fix for this, but with noone talking about it, Im assuming its not being worked on, maybe its just my phone...

Advertisement
  2. maddmatt02

does the forum guess what kind of smiley face to put in the topic? I swear I dont remember choosing the mad face, maybe i accidentally hit it...

3. Sabre66

Sabre66 Well-Known Member

I've stopped using ATK (except to check RAM) and I usually show around 24M to 32M RAM. The only lags I've noticed are with opening my SD card and occassionally the keyboard. Other than that it seems fine.

4. maddmatt02

if I dont use some sort of killer and try to just let android manage it, when I am playing abduction, it lags here and there and things sometimes take longer to open, etc...

I dont know how long it takes android to close an app for good if you dont use it, but it obviously wasnt doing it quick enough for me, but the whole point of this phone to me, is that I can use a bunch of games to waste time when im bored, if I have to wait an hour for it to close one so another will work better, thats not right IMO.