memory management, internal/USB/external SdcardSupport

Last Updated:

1. Oxy42

Oxy42 New Member

I feel so stupid asking this.

The galaxy ace 2 got around:
    - 1 go internal storage
    - 1.2 go usb storage (mounted as /sdcard)

And I added a micro SD 16Go mounted as /sdcard/external_sdcard/

How can I download huge apps ? I mean apps whose size is bigger than the internal storage capacity ?

Depending on the game I have different situations. Some are pretty small when installed from googlePlay so it is not a problem installing them but the problem arises when the game want to download its data files.
    FIFA 12 is a good example, It tries to download 1.5Go and it failed because the /sdcard is only 1Go
    Others tried to download directly many Go from googlePlay directly to internal memory like asphalt 7 and they failed because there is not enough space.

It seems to me that we cannot do anything for games like asphalt 7 that are in my opinion miscoded.
    however for games/apps like FIFA12 samsung f%#ked up everything by not mounting microsdcard in /sdcard like android is expecting it.

I did not have those problems with my nexus one.

I heard of some apps/modification to change mounting point and hard link on the file system of the phone once it is rooted but does someone know another way, an 'official one' to install those apps ?

thank you.