Memory/Music Problem?Support

Last Updated:

1. johnjx

johnjx New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi Everyone:

A couple of days ago, I was suddenly unable to play Slacker, Pandora or my regular MP3 music files. Slacker would load, but the songs would not play. Pandora would give me an error message and my regular music player suddenly would not recognize my music files. This all happened suddenly after working fine the day before.

I did some online research, but nothing seemed to match all my symptoms. I went to the local Verizon store tonight and they said I had too many apps running. They installed Advanced Task Killer for me, killed my "open" apps and everything works fine now. They recommended that I run it at least once a day.

Does this make any sense? I keep reading that we don't need app killers.

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. msg5

msg5 New Member

I have had a similar problem, I would charge my phone and when I unplugged it all of my music would be gone. You could see the names of the mp3 but it would give you an error. I went to Verizon and they gave me a new charger. It has only been a day but it is working now.

3. Super_Six_Two

Super_Six_Two Well-Known Member

I had a similar issue a fed days ago. Had to reboot the phone a few times and I have not had any issues since.

Music not playing because too many apps are open sounds a little off. I have also heard several times that you don't need a task killer on the D2.

4. Super_Six_Two

Super_Six_Two Well-Known Member

I had this problem again today after listening to pandora for about 20 minutes. It was fixed after a reboot, but I don't know what caused it.

5. JDunc

JDunc Well-Known Member

A task killer is not necessary. Rebooting the phone should have done the trick. I've had the music player say my mp3 files couldn't be read one time. I rebooted phone and haven't had any trouble since.