Memory question

Last Updated:

1. kachopra

kachopra Member This Topic's Starter

So I use the task killer...and at the moment say when I kill tasks it'll tell me there is about 200M avaliable memory free...if I use the phone for a day it'll maybe go down to 150M even if I am still killing apps and there is nothing in 'running services'. If i turn off the phone and turn it back on it goes up to 250M. What is running that I can't stop myself to make it go down from the 250M but that I can just eliminate by turning off the phone?

Advertisement
  2. kachopra

3. jred7469

jred7469 Well-Known Member

I have noticed it declines over a period of a few days - you beat me to asking the question!

One tip I did find useful was if you use a different home launcher (I use launcher pro) make sure you set sense to clean slate so the widgets don't use up memory :)

4. kachopra

Does anyone else have this problem?

I tried launcher pro but it seems to just get really slow after a bit of time.

5. zcecp49

zcecp49 New Member

I've got exactly the same issue - when using task-killer, unless I reboot the device, looks like the memory leaks from approx 230M first time, to 150M by day 3. Hopefully a bug-fix on the way soon...? If anyone is aware of any related fixes, would be interested to hear.

Thanks

6. beyond

beyond Well-Known Member

i just checked on my systempanel app and i've got 60-70mb of memory left (the ram kind).

i've had my phone for over a month now and whilst i started using a task killer at first, i read reports about it defeating the purpose of the android operating system and stopped using it.

in general i would say it isn't as snappy as before (where i'd kill apps every 2 mins) but considering i've customised it a bit with my own set up (just basic, nothing like rooting or using alternative launchers) and installing apps left right it's still very stable.

my point being? just let the phone be, don't worry about the memory issue and let the phone sort itself out.