Memory task cleanerSupport

Last Updated:

1. SuperFred

SuperFred Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

I'm running Memory Task Cleaner on my phone and I set it up to autokill stuff when the screen is not on.
    The problem I'm having is that when I receive a call, and that the screen goes dark, I think the autokill process kicks in and kills my call!
    Would anyone knows what process/service do I need to put in the ignore list so that this doesn't happen? Or do I need to set the basic "kill" settings to be safer (but then I don't want to make it too safe otherwise there will be nothing to kill lol!)
    Ta

Advertisement
  2. cableguynoe

cableguynoe Well-Known Member

I dont know how to help with your problem...

But i am wondering why you are killing tasks. Is it because your phone was acting up/sluggish? Or because you were told these are necessary?

There have been many threads here about task killers.
    Many here believe that they are not needed. These phones are designed to manage their own memory, so even if it appears that apps are running in the backround, they are not hurting anything.
    Killing them just causes them to start back up which actually slows your phone down even more.

Try going without it for a few days. This might take care of your problem, and help you in the long run;)

SuperFred likes this.
  3. SuperFred

SuperFred Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hi there,

Just found a bit of time to follow up on that. I got a few days without it and I must say, I'm sure the task killer doesn't do very much to improve anything (found out that turning wifi scanning is way more effective in improving battery in my opinion for example.... that is if you remember to turn it off when out and about!).
    However, I remembered why I needed the task killer! I have some random freeze (that need a battery removal) with my phone that I'm sure weren't as frequent when the task killer was running (I'm using kitchen mod+TurboV8 latest beta+I/O mod).
    I'd quite like to be sure so I'm gonna enable the task killer again... although (and that was my original question) is someone could let me know which task to add in the ignore list so that phone calls don't get killed, that would be great!

4. cableguynoe

cableguynoe Well-Known Member

If you're going to use one, try Autokiller ;)

SuperFred likes this.