MemoryGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Rossco_Pee

Rossco_Pee Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi guys,

---I have been noticing that my droid has been slowing down lately. I checked my advanced app killer at it says that I have 40M available when I have only a few apps running. It used to be around 80M. I have cleared cache from the browser and other apps. How much memory is needed to run these phones smoothly? How much total memory is on the phone? I have really enjoyed this site. I think I would be lost without it.

Ross

Advertisement
  2. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

I think 128 mb total...should run ok down to 10 or so

3. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

Are you talking about RAM or ROM?
    The Eris comes with 159 Mb of available ROM or app memory and 288 Mb of RAM which is what everything runs on.

You said that you only have a few running, but how many do you have installed?

4. thetingster

thetingster Well-Known Member

For it make a difference how many are installed even though they are not running?

5. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

That all depends on if we are talking about RAM or ROM. If we are talking about actual RAM then it would not make a difference. If we are talking about ROM then it would. Since he/she is talking about clearing the cache I would normally assume that we are talking about ROM. Since the apps reside on the ROM, the number of installed apps will effect the available free memory.