• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

"Memos" app issue after JB upgrade

I recently upgraded to Android 4.1.2 on my Galaxy SII Skyrocket.

Here's the sequence of events that lead to my issue.
-I upgraded my phone to Android 4.1.2.
-I then messed with the Developer Options which left a flashing red boarder around my screen even after I turned all features off.
-I did a factory reset (wiped all my data)
-I used Kies to recover all my data.
-Initially, my Memos app was working but my Visual Voicemail app wasn't booting.
-After a few days (and maybe a few updates later), my Visual voice mail started working but my Memos app stopped working.

Now, when i click the Memos icon to launch my text Memos app, it hinders a few seconds and then gives me the message "Unfortunately, Memo has stopped".

This is the factory installed Text Memos app on the Galaxy SII skyrocket which comes pre-installed. I cannot find it in my "Installed Apps" selection.

Please help me get it running or find another app which will retrieved my memos I had saved on the Memos App.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones