Memos/Notes sync with GmailTips

Last Updated:

1. khsjsilver

khsjsilver Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have being trying to find an app the syncs Memos on my Droid X with either my computer or with Gmail. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find the right app.

So my approach is to set up a contact in Gmail and populate the "Note" field only with my Memo information. Then on my Droid X & in Gmail, I set up a contact group titled "Memos" and added these contacts to that group. This way, the "Memos" are on my handheld and sync'd with Gmail and can be viewed separately from my other contacts when I look at the "Memos" contact group.

It would be nice if we were able to automatically sync our "groups" in Gmail with the "groups" on Droid X instead of setting up the groups manually, but this is another one of the stupid deficiencies in the Droid X software.

If anyone has a better solution or a good sugestion, I'd love to hear it.

Thanks,

Ken

Advertisement
  2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Clever workaround. ^^^^^

3. binary visions

binary visions Well-Known Member

I use the Gtasks app. It doesn't sync with gmail, it syncs with tasks. But what I have is a "task list" that has all of my notes in it - a generic notes file, a grocery list, etc. So, when logged into Gmail, I can edit my task lists and they'll sync with my phone, or edit on my phone and it'll sync to the cloud.

All quick and automatic and it doubles as an actual task list, too. My task list (and hence my widget) looks like this:

[Notes]
    [Groceries]
    -----------
    Task 1
    Task 2
    etc.

So I can create and check off tasks as they finish, and still have a couple persistent "tasks" that are really just areas for me to take notes in.

You can create multiple task lists for categories of notes if you want (e.g. memos), and the Gtasks widget lets you select which task lists you want to display - or just open the Gtasks app and look at each individual list.

4. foo

foo Well-Known Member

I have a similar setup. I use Android Agenda Widget that syncs with Astrid Tasks(which syncs with gmail tasks). Works great for me :)

5. XBarbarian

XBarbarian Well-Known Member

you could also just use a DRAFT message..just remember to save after editing

6. apinkel

apinkel Well-Known Member

I use dropbox to sync notes, documents and spreadsheets across my Droid X, my desktop, laptop and pretty much any PC with a browser and an internet connection. It's working well so far.

I do wish google would get google docs to the point that it supported this...

7. cascadianwarrior

cascadianwarrior New Member

I've been using Astrid Tasks and it syncs with Gmail on my laptop, and reverse sync. Good app

8. nycebo

nycebo Well-Known Member

Why not just use SpringPad? It's custom designed for this and handled notes, tasks, web pages, files, etc.