Menu/Back key lights flashing every 60 secondsSupport

Last Updated:

1. Methos1979

Methos1979 Well-Known Member

Okay, here's a new one that has cropped up on my phone recently - I've noticed that my Menu and Back capacitive button lights flash together exactly every 60 seconds. This is not something I had originally but it's there now. It does not happen when the screen is off but when it's on it does like clockwork. I'm sure it must be something I've installed in the past week or so but I don't feel much like removing things to find out what the cause might be.

I don't remember seeing anyone post this issue so I thought I'd throw it up there to see if anyone else has noticed this on their GN3. It's not huge deal, more of a minor annoyance at most. I've loaded so much crap on my phone (despite telling myself I definitely would NOT do so with this phone!) and at some point I'll probably do a factory reset and start from scratch just to get rid of all the apps I don't use. But in the meantime, just wondering if anyone else out there has run into this.

2. Mohajibrahim

Mohajibrahim New Member

There is nothing wrong with your note3. Flashing of Menu and back buttons is a result of prior login to active sessions apps that are still logged in on your phone, such as Skype, Viber, snapchat, Whatsup or actively logged in messenger / chat apps. Save your battery and logout of these apps which will also stop the annoying flashes.
  3. Gord Seifert

Gord Seifert New Member

Exactly the problem I ran into a little while back. I thought it popped up after installing the latest OS update from Asus, but your answer above got me looking around and I found that I had an account shown for Shazam. I deleted it and the flashing stopped. Shazam still works too. I hated that blasted flashing. Thanks for posting that answer!
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2015