• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Menu button not working

JayDogg

Lurker
Mar 9, 2011
Well after rooting my LG Optimus M that came with 2.2.1 this way http://androidforums.com/optimus-m-all-things-root/279318-root-2-2-1-get-data-working.html and doing the custom recovery http://androidforums.com/getitnowmarketing/256286-custom-recovery-ms690-optimus-m.html to get my service back on. I find that my menu button stopped working (maybe its hardware related) and I cant seem to get into recovery mod (just get a black screen) and can't seem to do a factory rest set by holding down home, volume down and the power button.
Any Ideas or help would be great

Thanks
Jay

Jay you know what you really come across as right? Anyways it may not have been posted in that thread but it has been posted and until recently it wasn't confirmed whether or not it was the phones with 2.2.1 on them that were causing that or if it was user error. Which we thought was the problem. low and behold though they changed a part or driver I was told. Anyways I can help you but not until I get back around.............later

Upvote 0
Not sure how I come across, I guess thats all in ones perspective it hard on the internet to read someones tone or emotions. If you thing I made that text red and bold cause I was mad or irritated then you are wrong, I was just trying to make it stand out. And I still think it would be a good I idea for at least this post "Root 2.2.1 and get Data WORKING!!!" to be updated to just let people know. Any how when you have some free time and feel like helping that would be greatly appreciated.

Upvote 0
Jay,

I realize it is not your fault. Public education in the United States is a joke. However, there are certain writing and communication conventions that people tend to use when they communicate in groups.

Generally, writers use paragraphs to separate their thought groups. Using red and bold seems more like an emotional outburst than communication; it resembles using all caps. Rather than using bold you could use paragraphs. If you must add emphasis, in the English language we have italics.

You can use the tools available to you in the text editor. Just look above the field where you type your input. Using normal writing conventions can go a long way to making you look civilized. Excuse me if that seems abrupt, but you seem to need an explanation.

Not sure how I come across, I guess thats all in ones perspective it hard on the internet to read someones tone or emotions. If you thing I made that text red and bold cause I was mad or irritated then you are wrong, I was just trying to make it stand out. And I still think it would be a good I idea for at least this post "Root 2.2.1 and get Data WORKING!!!" to be updated to just let people know. Any how when you have some free time and feel like helping that would be greatly appreciated.

Upvote 0
I really dont need everyone putting in their thoughts on how I should write a paragraphs, I think many others and I don't really use correct grammar while writing on a forum, text messaging or emails to friends or are up to date certain writing and communication conventions that people tend to use when they communicate in groups on a forum.

I don't like the fact that reilus is insinuating that Im not well educated nor did I ask anyone for an explanation. Reilus post seems more like an attack and offered no help with my problem. I explained what I meant in my in my first post to asadullah and everyone else in my third post.

Now if we can all just get passed how I wrote my first post and get to the problem Im having that would be just great.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones