Menu / Call / End Button stays onSupport

Last Updated:

1. jason8844

jason8844 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hey Everyone, I hope someone can answer my question. My G1 starting having an odd issue this evening. When my phone is not being used and the screen goes black, the menu, call, call end and back buttons are staying on. At first they were flashing, now they are on all the time. Although more dim than when the phone's main screen is on. I do not want the battery life to be drained.

Why is it doing this? I have selected the factory reset button but the problem persists. The button lights even stay on when the phone has been completely shut down and I connect the phone to the charger. I do not want them on all the time. It never did this before.

Is there something wrong with my G1? Thanks in advance!

Advertisement
  2. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

Welcome to the AF Forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

Even though you did a factory reset ... did you reinstall ant apps from the Market ...

Also try power off , remove battery, WAIT 2 Minutes, reinsert battery and power on....

let us know if you still have the problem

3. noonehereyet

noonehereyet No One... VIP Member

welcome to the forums and just curious but what build are you on... is it a stock build or a rooted build?

4. jason8844

jason8844 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hey Everyone,
    Thanks for the welcome. Last evening after I posted my original post, all the backlights started flickering. There apears to have been some kind of short in the backlight mechanism. I took it back to T-mobile and for a nominal fee, replaced the whole G1 with a brand new unit as per the warrenty. Now everything if fine and I appreaciate your time.

Now I just need to wait for the firmware update to version 1.5. My new phone only has 1.1.

Thanks again!

5. a_russell

a_russell New Member

I'm having a similar problem with my G1. The menu, call, home, back and end call button lights remain on when the screen is black. When I take the battery out they turn off but they remain on the rest of the time.

Please help. Thanks