• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Menu options not working on my CWM recovery 5.5.0.4

mt514

Lurker
May 14, 2012
Warning: I'm new to rooting, installing new recovery images, and flashing roms. If it sounds like I know what I'm talking about, I probably don't.

With that said ... on my MT, I had installed the CWM recovery image 5.0.2.6 and then installed CM9 0.6.8.9. It worked.

Later I found CWM recovery 5.5.0.4 and CM9 0.6.14.1. I copied over the new recovery.img, but now none of the menu options seem to work.

I can boot into CWM recovery, but when I select a menu item. I just get a blank screen (well, there's the background icon). I can select a menu item with the volume buttons, but nothing actually happens. The only way out is to pull the battery.

Did I do something wrong? Is there another way to upgrade?

Thanks for any help.

Are you using the correct controls? It sounds like you are trying to hit the Power button to select and not the Menu soft key as you are supposed to.

Volume up --> up
Volume down --> down
Menu --> select
Back --> back

I m using zen ultratab a100 i get into the recovery mod but vol +,- are not responding only power button works plz help me i will be great thankful to him

Upvote 0
Are you using the correct controls? It sounds like you are trying to hit the Power button to select and not the Menu soft key as you are supposed to.

Volume up --> up
Volume down --> down
Menu --> select
Back --> back
I have an Android Allwinner A10 tablet running A8 cortex ARMV7 CPU.
Its branded SVP TPC1051
I followed instructions to the T to get into recovery . In the recovery It says use Volume up and down to navigate. However that does NOT work. Neither does tapping the screen work. Volume + /- navigation gives me a red triangle with exclamation mark and nothing else happens

Upvote 0
I have an Android Allwinner A10 tablet running A8 cortex ARMV7 CPU.
Its branded SVP TPC1051
I followed instructions to the T to get into recovery . In the recovery It says use Volume up and down to navigate. However that does NOT work. Neither does tapping the screen work. Volume + /- navigation gives me a red triangle with exclamation mark and nothing else happens

This is the Motorola Triumph forum. You will find better support in the forums for your device

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones