Menu options not working on my CWM recovery 5.5.0.4

1. mt514

mt514 New Member

Warning: I'm new to rooting, installing new recovery images, and flashing roms. If it sounds like I know what I'm talking about, I probably don't.

With that said ... on my MT, I had installed the CWM recovery image 5.0.2.6 and then installed CM9 0.6.8.9. It worked.

Later I found CWM recovery 5.5.0.4 and CM9 0.6.14.1. I copied over the new recovery.img, but now none of the menu options seem to work.

I can boot into CWM recovery, but when I select a menu item. I just get a blank screen (well, there's the background icon). I can select a menu item with the volume buttons, but nothing actually happens. The only way out is to pull the battery.

Did I do something wrong? Is there another way to upgrade?

Thanks for any help.

Advertisement
  2. thangfish

thangfish Well-Known Member

3. mantera

mantera Well-Known Member

Are you using the correct controls? It sounds like you are trying to hit the Power button to select and not the Menu soft key as you are supposed to.

Volume up --> up
    Volume down --> down
    Menu --> select
    Back --> back
  4. mt514

mt514 New Member

Doh! Thank you, mantera! It was entirely user error. :p

5. pngwolffman

pngwolffman Well-Known Member

I went ahead and flashed this new CWR, but what's better about it?
  6. mantera

mantera Well-Known Member

7. bhanjagi

bhanjagi New Member

I m using zen ultratab a100 i get into the recovery mod but vol +,- are not responding only power button works plz help me i will be great thankful to him
  8. dsmryder

dsmryder Well-Known Member

I personally don't know what a zen ultratab a100 is, but I think you want to try a forum for it instead as it may provide more help.
  9. rebel69ization

rebel69ization Well-Known Member

it is a cheap tablet
  10. sieger007

sieger007 New Member

I have an Android Allwinner A10 tablet running A8 cortex ARMV7 CPU.
    Its branded SVP TPC1051
    I followed instructions to the T to get into recovery . In the recovery It says use Volume up and down to navigate. However that does NOT work. Neither does tapping the screen work. Volume + /- navigation gives me a red triangle with exclamation mark and nothing else happens
  11. warrior12

warrior12 Well-Known Member

This is the Motorola Triumph forum. You will find better support in the forums for your device