Mercury flash stays onSupport


Last Updated:

  1. Sivylrev

    Sivylrev New Member

    My mercury started acting up last night , it was on the table and i got up to do something for like 5 mins , came back and my flash was on , i went in and checked and my camera wasnt on or any app that would use my flash , as i dont have any flashlight apps atm .. soo i when i noticed i couldnt turn it off , i powered off my phone to find out it stayed on , even when the phone was "off" , i took out the battery , and put it backed in , and as soon as it was back in the flash turned back on.

    i plugged it in to the charger as it was dying .. i tried doing a restoring it , but i backed up my files too .. and when it was done and turning back on the flash is still on .. i didnt keep going on the restore when it asked my for my google account info .. i turned it off again ..
    i was trying to turn it back on but i doesnt boot up anymore at all .. its plugged in and the flash is the only thing that is on.
    I bought it off some guy on craiglist like a month ago, no problems whatsoever basically one week old phone when i bought it ..was selling cause he didnt like the cricket service and was moving to tmobile .

    when i first took out the battery i noticed a few very small drops of water inside near the camera area but thats about it , phone wasnt soaked or wet nor has it been dropped

    Advertisement
  2. nimoxp

    nimoxp Well-Known Member

    Wow, never heard of that. Imagine if the light was still on when u pulled the battery. Your phone is haunted.

    The fact that you bought it from someone and that you found water in it concerns me. Just because it was a small amount when you saw it, doesn't mean it could have been in alot more water before...which of course could cause hardware problems. I can't give you much help unfortuantly. Maybe stick a hairdryer to it, but doubt that will work.

    Good luck, and welcome to the forum. :)
  3. rodawg71

    rodawg71 Well-Known Member

    You could try the rice method... ijs
    Hope things work out. Keep us posted. :beer:
  4. Gmash

    Gmash Well-Known Member

    Welcome to the forum, sorry it's under bad circumstances. Believe it or not, this isn't the first time I've heard of this problem. Read more here,Flash LED stays on all the time but it's not very much help. Honestly, it sounds to me like the guy you bought it from got the phone wet, then hurried up and sold it before the problems started. Have the moisture stickers changed colors? Best of luck.

Share This Page