Mercury ScreenSupport

1. accampbell2000

accampbell2000 New Member

Someone on another Thread Had an interesting comment. Does the Mercury have a gorilla glass screen or even one of those new dragon trail screens.

How many of you are not using protectors on your screens and has anyone scratched on yet.

Advertisement
  2. kovis19

kovis19 Member

Its actually the first of 7 smartphone screens I've scratched. Highly recommended a screen protector.
  3. Gmash

Gmash Well-Known Member

I have the Zagg full body on the back, but haven't put on the screen protector. No scratches yet, (knock on wood), haven't really been all that careful with the screen, either. Been debating putting the screen protector on, but I like the feel of the bare glass.
  4. accampbell2000

accampbell2000 New Member

That's the way I am. I have one with a lifetime guarantee on it now but I like the glass not feel of the protector. I just want to make sure it wont scratch If I take it off. If it is gorilla glass you should be able to put it in your pocket with you keys and not worry about scratches without the protector
  5. kovis19

kovis19 Member

Yeah I'm never very careful. All ways have to kick myself in the butt when i pull my phone out of a pocket that's full of coins and keys and such. lol. I hated my screen protector the first few days but i'm used to it now. And I'm pretty happy considering the protector now has a few scratches too...
  6. Gmash

Gmash Well-Known Member

Yeah, I definitely wouldn't recommend putting it in the same pocket with keys and such. I usually carry my phone and paper money in one pocket and change and keys in the other. I actually like the feel of the cheap Chinese screen protectors better than the Zagg, etc. you can barely feel them and you can get a five pack for cheap from Amazon.
  7. nimoxp

nimoxp Well-Known Member

No scratches here either. Seems to be pretty well protected. The back gets scratched when in my pocket, but I bought the rear blue case Cricket sells, and it works great...doesn't add bulk at all.

People have mentioned the dots on the screen, and I'm not sure exactly what it is. I always thought it had to do with the touchscreen capability. My Acer Iconia a500 tablet has the exact same screen...in that it has those tiny dots all over the screen.
  8. mathesar

mathesar Well-Known Member

I only use a soft gel case cover on mine and No screen protection. So far I don't see a single scratch on the screen it seems to have decent scratch resistance.
  9. Gmash

Gmash Well-Known Member

The Zagg full body protection works great to keep the back from getting scratched up with no case. It's like a screen protector for the back.
  10. erica_renee

erica_renee Member

Gorilla glass will scratch a lot easier then you think. Having phone in purse with keys and other items with Gorilla glass WILL SCRATCH..
    I have seen lots of people say its Gorilla glass it will not scratch . this is very for from the truth. It will not scratch as bad and takes a bit more then the normal cell phone glass.
    SO PLEASE USE screen protector or it will be scratched.
  11. Gmash

Gmash Well-Known Member

Yes, all glass will scratch, GG is just more resistant. So protect it or be careful where you put it!;)
  12. erica_renee

erica_renee Member

OMG.. ohhh nevermind.. Giggles...
    Gmash likes this.