Merge Contacts on the MTSSupport

Last Updated:

1. Cramill

Cramill Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

There was a similar thread on the HTC Hero Forum about this, but I'm posting it here because that thread had some stuff specific to the Hero and I'm asking specifically about the myTouch slide.

My question is: Is there a way to merge my phone/Google/Facebook contacts? Or am I just going to have to deal with how this is right now?

It would be nice to be able to say "Oh, this contact goes with this Facebook profile" so then I won't get duplicate names when looking through my contacts (or selecting a name when making a call or sending a message).

Any ideas/help?

One more thing: It looks like there is an app that can help with this for merging phone contacts and Google contacts and it can be found here: Mobile App Development | Application Development and Maintenance | Web Applications But, this isn't really what I was looking for.

Advertisement
  2. Cramill

Cramill Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Oh, I think I just found the solution. If you view a contact, there should be a "link" or "linked" button at the top right. In that menu you can find the contact's Facebook profile and link them together.

But I still get duplicate names & numbers when I start typing someone's name when sending a message... oh well...

3. macavely

macavely Well-Known Member

you have to make sure you link all the contacts into one.. I had 400 names in my contacts before I linked everyone now I'm down to 50.. it took some time but I'm glade I did it.. you have the right idea just keep going with it.. I wish the phone just did it on auto .