• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Merger killing 4g

Don't worry about the double posts. Mod's merged some threads together to put everything in one spot. You still having issues connecting? It looks like everyone who lost 4G yesterday got it back today. I know you've been fighting it for longer so it might be a different problem.

Nah, no data connection! I have no 4G mac address but my 4G icon will show as if it's working fine. I have been fighting with this for about 2.5 months now. First I had vv3 and it was working fine then I started getting the error "Sorry! com.android.phone has stopped" so I switched to zva and that worked for about a month but starting about 3 weeks ago the error started back popping up every 8 seconds. My phone is extremely slow cause it's always trying to connect to 4G and it burns my battery up in about 2 hours... Even with my data connection unchecked! You should check to see if you have a 4G mac address. My warranty is up but I have got to try and take it in cause I can't deal with this. I have spent about $450 dollars on this phone and only got about 55 weeks of use out of it. I have tried everything and all firmwares. This is even a pretty new phone cause about 4 months ago I bricked my original and got a brand new back in may 2013 and about 2 weeks after that this error started. I'm soooooo mad at mpcs!

Upvote 0
under the battery, MS840. in "about phone" the same, MS840... PRL 3032

I guess I won't try the vv3 or vv5, unless I need to take it to corporate to "update" it.

I wonder if I was to walk into the store and purchase a new Connect 4G right now, that Connect 4G will work? Just curious...

When they say "update" it just means that they will put vv5 on good phone and it used to work but not anymore. You will get the same error! They don't know how to fix it that is why they will give you a lg motion and that phone sucks. The screen is all pixilated, etc.... What a rip off we are getting! I'm going on the Corp store tomorrow with a fresh copy of vv4 which is what was on my phone when they gave me a replacement when I was still under the one year warranty! When and if they update it to vv5 the error will still come on. I have already tried it (plus everything else you can think of).

Upvote 0
I had 4g yesterday, but today every time 4g tries to connect, I get the process.com error.

Looks like I'm going to have to take my connect in. Can I take it in to a retail metro store?

Will I have to unroot/stock my connect to get a replacement?. My phones was out of warranty anyway.

if you take it to a store you will need to be uprooted just flash vv5

Upvote 0
zandersig, me and you still had the problem after people started getting it back
so you should try downloading 4g toggle and mess with those settings, my 4g dispersed and then came back after doing that

tell me if that helped, zandersig

Nope, I had to put vv5 back on and so far I have mobile data but I lost root. Sucks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones