Merging audio with video clip

Last Updated:

1. neoscreenager

neoscreenager New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all,
    I have a small video clip of 30 seconds and a small audio file. The problem is how to write code to merge them into a single file. i have never written code for multimedia applications for android and don't know if the merging is possible with android media framework.
    Please guide me through this.
    Thanks

Advertisement
  2. sitlet

sitlet Banned

I dont think you can do this from the phone. Its hard enough to do it from a computer with complicated video editing software.

3. neoscreenager

neoscreenager New Member This Topic's Starter

well in java there is a Java Media Framework (JMF) that facilitates the merging of audio and video with few lines of code. I tried it with an android application but when i include jmf.jar , android throws some exception. Now I am not sure whether JMF will work as-is on android platform or is there any JMF counterpart for android platform. :( :confused:

4. vani

vani New Member

Hi neoscreenager,

I need lines of code to merge audio and video. Please can you guide to the merging of audio and video

5. sitlet

sitlet Banned

Again, even if it was possible, any phone out now does NOT have the processing power to do it.

6. weaselaow

weaselaow Well-Known Member

what format is that
    if its avi or similar then virtaul dub or avidemux
    if its mkv then mkvmerge or

7. sitlet

sitlet Banned

If you read the whopping 5 posts in this thread, you would realize that he is talking about merging the audio and video on the phone, not on a computer.

8. Usta

Usta Well-Known Member

True, however he is pointing out correctly how it can be done on PC, and by that giving a hint - the merging process doesn't require huge processing power (like on a PC), because it will follow video and audio stream re-packaging. Such tasks take max a few minutes on PC.