Merging E-mail accountsGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Slash X

Slash X Member This Topic's Starter

Nov 14, 2009
    When I purchased my Eris, the Verizon employee helped to set up both my E-mail accounts. He set up (2) separate e-mail folders on my home page

(1st) account is a G-mail account and the rep added this from my apps list to the home page
    (2nd) account is the (I assume) the default E-mail app on the home screen that's linked to my business e-mail service

Here's the deal ---

My standard e-mail account (2nd account listed above) works Ok most of the time. It notifies me by sound and track ball light when I get an e-mail (most of the time --- small issue aside)

My G-mail account (1st account listed above) is spotty in my eyes at best. I don't like that I can't see a display of "Message counts" on the app icon. I also can't seem to save attachments in G-mail to the SD card.

Here's the big question:

Can I delete my G-mail home page icon and merge my g-mail account with my standard "Mail" icon ? Seems that the standard E-mail app has the availability ot "toggle" between accounts. I am hoping to do this to provide better notifications and functions that G-mail seems to lack.