Merging Google/Phone contactsGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Renegade21

Renegade21 Member This Topic's Starter

I imported the contacts from GMail (just a few e-mail contacts I had). All the phone gets is e-mail contacts I already have in my phone (e-mail address entered in that contact with their phone info). Some of my contacts are now two times in the phone, once tagged Google and once tagged Phone...

How can I merge these contacts?

Also, the contacts aren't being synced up to Google, just from Google to the phone.

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. savethedroids

savethedroids New Member

anyone else have this issue too? or having their gmail addresses fill up the their contacts with all of the email addresses ever sent through your gmail account? i had this happen and it overrode all of my existing phone contacts. all i could find were the email addresses from gmail. so i deleted and started over, and am not syncing anything in from gmail. any tips for syncing gmail email addresses with only matching names in my phone contact list?

sorry if this is a dumb question or doesn't make sense.

3. UncleD

UncleD Member

I have the same question as the OP. Is there a way to merge your phone and your google contacts into one? Other than manually.

4. Eigo_Ltd

Eigo_Ltd New Member

There is a free application called "Merge Contact" that allows you to merge a Phone contact to an existing Google contact on HTC Hero.

It copies your phone number from the Phone contact to the Google contact. You can download it from the Market or see details about it here : www.eigo.co.uk

5. UncleD

UncleD Member

Thanks! This does work. It merges your phone contacts with your gmail contacts.

It will use the gmail contact name and delete the entry in your phone book, so you will have to go back into gmail and rename the contact to what you wish it to be on your phone.

6. Grunfi

Grunfi New Member

it works only on HTC Hero....

I need to merge contacts on Tattoo