• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Merit] Fastest Tethering/internet speed?

Im using a rooted straight talk merit and wanted faster than the 15kbs im getting, im using easy teaher pro and was wondering if there any tips or better programs?

Thank You

Pdanet from the market works very well, and it is free for awhile. Note that it is against the straight talk and net10 Eula to tether to any other device. So if they suspect your tethering don't be surprised if they ban you from the network.

Pdanet offers some advanced features to hide the fact that you are tethering but it's not fool proof. So be careful, I don't know how long you have had ST but also note that if you use what they term excessive data, which there is no solid definition for they will at least throttle you speed significantly, and possibly ban you if you persist in doing so.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
This is also a very useful thread...
http://androidforums.com/galaxy-pre...hrottle-disabling-stock-stock-based-roms.html

EDIT - The last step in the thread is to wipe the dalvik cache, for those of you who have not done much exploring, you do this by rebooting into recovery and going to advanced>wipe dalvik cache
What the thread does not tell you is that you should also repeat these steps for the following files, as they are also used to keep an eye on your personal activities;

data/system/dropbox
data/system/usagestats

Upvote 0
Wow, the hidden ui features of this app are very interesting could really get in deep if I play with the wrong system app haha!

Also the app corrected what seemed to be a permissions error with my busybox and sql in system/bin changed it from 0:0 to 0:2000 755 which might explain why an update.zip stayboogy and I were toying with didn't work properly.... Hmmmm I love it when the answer sometimes just jumps up in your face haha.

Upvote 0
Im balls deep right now...

I feel like there is no way to keep them from watching us...

Its like that movie, Enemy of the State...

Hey man just wanted to say thank you and im running your ROM right now and i friggin LOVE IT! That blue is my favorite color lol It runs really fast especially with the cpu booster on there! Thanks again man!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones