[Merit] [ROM] Ice Cream Scamwich 2.0 3/17 (happy st pattys!)

Last Updated: 2014-09-03 01:30:57
  1. out of ideas

out of ideas Well-Known Member

This is still GB but i see what youre saying.

I personally find GB stock to be nauseating. That dock, those ugly orange yellows everywhere. bleh. Plus i was running the same thing on a prevail over a year ago so I've had my fill. Time to update a bit.

1.0 now up.

Advertisement
  2. nickdalzell

nickdalzell Well-Known Member Contributor

I like green myself. Everything else I changed with go launcher. But I was never fond of electric blue either. But ICS was too different.
  3. cell2011

cell2011 Well-Known Member

Nice and snappy fast boot up. I added the kernel 1.0. This should go to AA51
  4. michaelboothe

michaelboothe New Member

can this work on the zte avail? read somewhere that someone had merit roms running on the avail. I got installation aborted. Just wondering if it was a bad download, or totally incompatible.
  5. out of ideas

did you try installing it as a zip, or did you unzip it and restore the folder inside?
  6. out of ideas

Here's a bunch of screenshots. Some reason they dont want to go in the first post.

Some got random colored lines through it, that is NOT how this rom looks, it is a glitch in the screenshot. For instance, ther reboot menu looks the same as the larger one I posted earlier, not like bars through it.

Attached Files:

7. Motorhead1991

Motorhead1991 Well-Known Member

I'm glad holo launcher works better for you :). I told you it was less laggy than Go launcher! Glad to see your work, good job.
  8. michaelboothe

michaelboothe New Member

Didn't realize it was a nandroid backup. I was trying to flash it like a regular rom.
  9. out of ideas

Cool. Let me know how it works out.
  10. out of ideas

Once I get a chance to uploaditll it, I'm releasing that with the over clock kernel. Its holding up great on my phone at 122-844. No problem with fpse.
  11. jamespfassett

jamespfassett Well-Known Member

Congrats Man! I think it looks great, this will hold the sandwich lovers over until the real thing gets ported over.

Keep up the good work.
  12. johnnyg64

johnnyg64 Member

Good work keep it up your awesome
  13. out of ideas

dropped the overclock version.
  14. cell2011

cell2011 Well-Known Member

Ive used the 1.0 kernel all the time anytime a rom comes out on the forum for our phones and it works just fine. Thats usually the very next thing i do after ive added all my aps and stuff
  15. nickdalzell

I got a ROM that is mostly tacked with apps to do some of the stuff and using Go Launcher (sorry I do like the built-in features and anything else feels empty) but I was curious, I am not sure what I did to the files in /system to fix the phantom booting (it's never happened in the last three days that I have used it with data on) so I was worried about flashing the Kernel 1.0 to get overclock and such, thinking it may start doing it again. I am currently cleaning up and making a nandroid for anyone wanting to play with it, it has ROM Toolbox Pro and a few others in there, but no ability to go past 600MHz. but it feels rather snappy to me
  16. kingmt

kingmt Well-Known Member

I use Anthony's kernel & it is so much smother then stock. I get the random reboot every once in a while may be weeks in between them.
  17. nickdalzell

I am not sure what I hacked as I did so many but I did *something* that stopped them permanently (the self-reboots) which only happened when cellular was enabled. I've managed a few days without any incident. which is what concerns me should I put the Kernel 1.0 in there to enable overclock. would it overwrite what I did, or introduce new bugs (such as the broken camera and GPS which was present in SpeedFreak?) my concern is not being able to recreate the cure for it that I did as it was purely accidental, so if I wipes my setting out I can't recreate it to bring it back.

In all intensive honesty, I never remembered a noticeable performance increase with it overclocked as far as 800MHz min and max. performance setting. Angry Birds or other intensive game used to benchmark. it seemed to lag similar either way in-game. so are we truly getting results or placebo effect here?
  18. out of ideas

I haven't had a random reboot since I deodexed.

Keep whatever you are doing in a thread about that. It has nothing to do with my rom and shouldn't really be in here.
  19. nickdalzell

how do y'all get the screenshot of the lock screens and in-apps? the only screenshot tools i have downloaded from the Play store take only shots of the home screen, do nothing in the lock screen (because the device is, um, locked maybe?) and usually say something like 'screenshot not available here' when in settings or inside an app
  20. Very cool! Took a bit to get it, I ran into a few problems. One quetion, while it was going through its process I got an error on sdcard. Do you think that will effect anything? Anyway, playing with it and I don't see a problem yet!

Thanks again!
  21. jaythrilla78

jaythrilla78 Active Member

did anyone have trouble updating apps or dl'ing apps? im having trouble...says error retrieving information from server
  22. out of ideas

23. So I put Ice Cream Dream OC on my phone this morning, and randomly all day my phone pulls up a massage "Error. We are unable to verify your account at this time. Please try again in a few minutes." This error is for my Google account, none of my Google apps work when it does this. And in a few minuets my Google account works again. Never did this before I put this ROM on my phone... and it works now. Doesn't take long. Do you think it is google or my ROM screwing with things? And the message is back, compleatly random. Any Ideas?
  24. Okay. When I try to download an app off Google play store I get a message, "Error retrieving information from server. [RPC:S-5:AEC-0]

My guess is Google, but I'm not all that tech savvy.

Later:
    Holy cow I need to pay attention! My data was capped, and my phone wasn't connected to my wifi!
    The question now is why doesn't my phone stay connected to my wifi? the bars are there but grayed out.
  25. out of ideas