• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Merit] [ROM] Ice Cream Scamwich 2.0 3/17 (happy st pattys!)

One more question. My wifi on the status bar grays out after a while of inactivity. The only way I can get it back to blue is if I restart the phone. I even tried to turn my wifi off then back on and it still grey. Its the same thing is happening with my 3G. I thought my data was caped but when I restart my phone i have data for a while. Is it a power saving setting in my phone?

Upvote 0
grey icons (ICS style) mean you lost the connection to Google services. in GB they are usually green when ok but turn to white when lost. when properly working and connected to Google they turn blue in ICS or in ICS themes. grey is ugly for no go but you still have data, but Google stuff like sync, updater, and voice search will not work. market or Play store will work though

Upvote 0
i lose connection to Google Services a lot. it's pretty random. last night all downloads, even through the web browser ended in 'download unsuccessfull' instantly. then the icons went grey. this was on my Kindle Fire running ICS. i didn't check my phone but i expect this is just a common event. it is one reason i use email.apk instead of gmail, (also because it does all my accounts in one place, vs. having separate apps for yahoo, gmail, etc) and why i use other contact apps because i don't have to rely on Google Sync

EDIT: Disregard bug report. i got the play store working again...BTW even with 1/3 the apps i had before on my own ROM, i seem to be left with little over 15MB left. the low disk space icon can't be disabled, my SQlite trick doesn't work here. so now that bloody icon is up top and my sync is dead. i seem to have had half the internal storage i had before. good news? i can install apps below the 15MB threshold without the 'insufficient storage available' error.

quick suggestion, is there a way to incorporate the swipe-away notifications menu that is part of ICS in the notification area? i'm starting to get used to that on one of my tablets which runs the real ICS and having some of its features. i am not sure if that is possible but it would add to the authenticity. also, i added ICS Locker since it is more true-to-ICS IMO, also ICS Launcher too.

Upvote 0
Jay Mms works great. I send pic messages all the time. Bluetooth should work fine. But I don't is it personally. I left an app I wanted to delete just to keep it. So if you use it, let me know so I can tell others.

Nick, that's one of the things I've been working on for a bit. Mostly there.

Glad people are liking it.

Upvote 0
Fookin A!

Finally got the obnoxious swipe to remove notifications to work. Today was honestly the last day i was going to try it. I had enough of it. Then finally after one last tweak I got it going. I'm back to being hyped up about this again, so expect an updated release this week sometime.

New name, cuz i thought of it a couple weeks ago and was mad I didn't use it, but decided I would change it if I got some of these new mods going.

Upvote 0
Yup another update. sorry bout that, but if I had to reupload I wanted there to be enough changes to make it worth it.

I need help installing the ice cream scamwich rom. I usually don't have problems with roms but mine get stuck on the att boot screen. I followed the directions perfectly but this rom just won't cooperate. Any help is appreciated.

Glad we got it working for ya. try flashing 1.5 over it. new stuff added.

Upvote 0
Theme update- ThemeUpdate.zip

A little theme update and fixed play store search issue.(not a whole rom, you need 1.5 for this to even work)

Oh i also added ICS camera, because I got panorama working. And how awesome is panorama on a $80 phone? i also still like MIUI camera for the burst mode which is awesome for kids or animals and moving stuff. So it is up to you to delete which ever one you want. try em out and let me know which one I should keep.

Attachments

• Update1.png
    Update1.png
    451.5 KB · Views: 271
  • Update.png
    Update.png
    451.5 KB · Views: 84
Upvote 0
Good deal.

Since I've already twice almost accidently erased my whole sdcard, I decided to remove to the option from settings. You could still do it in CWM if you had to erase it for some reason.

Actually, you can still get it the long way through Privacy option.

Attachments

• erasesd.png
    erasesd.png
    451.5 KB · Views: 78
Upvote 0
Hey guys.

been a little while, but v2 is here. Go back to the first post and enjoy.

i added lidroid toggles, fixed settings shortcut, polished up the look added some more ics clock and widget stuff, etc.

i also added a zip with the stock apps, so if you want something I deleted, its in there or at the play store.

My phone with live wallpapers.

Attachments

• livegrass.png
    livegrass.png
    451.5 KB · Views: 84
  • liveleaves.png
    liveleaves.png
    451.5 KB · Views: 91
  • resizewidget.png
    resizewidget.png
    451.5 KB · Views: 96
Reactions: titan87
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones