[Merit] Speedfreak has a new home... Details here!

Last Updated:

1. nickdalzell

nickdalzell Well-Known Member Contributor

i just switch between a few nandroids setup in my SD Card. i can switch from one to use daily for just normal apps, another for games, a second game nandroid, and the original config prior to One.three and SpeedFreak. i already have an 8GB card (installed now) but i can't risk the data loss should resizing and repartitioning causes a wipe. i got music from the days of my old BlackBerry that's how long i started--i cannot risk losing it all

Advertisement
  2. redfield88

redfield88 Well-Known Member

Has the thought of backing them up, then partition your sd card, and then restore them.cross your mind? It's what I did.
  3. pmanwarren

pmanwarren Well-Known Member

what did you use to back them up ?
  4. nickdalzell

nickdalzell Well-Known Member Contributor

i use clockworkmod to make the backups, rename the folders for the three

1. Factory (my rooted stock ROM)
    2. Games (SpeedFreak 1.1 with many games installed)
    3. Default (SpeedFreak 1.1, Go Launcher and daily-use apps)

all i do is whenever i make a big enough change, i boot into recovery and make a new backup, it creates a dated folder and i boot back into the same ROM i was last in, go to root browser and delete the old folder and rename the dated folder the same. if i want to play Angry Birds, i just boot back into recovery and select 'Games' and it reloads the old Games ROM with all the games on it. this way space is a non-issue
  5. jamespfassett

jamespfassett Well-Known Member

Mainly what the new version will do, it mount any sd ext present straight to your internal memory partition, if you dont have an ext, nothing will happen, even if you dont have an ext, you will still be able to take advantage of the Supercharger boot script, and a few more I snuck in there, there are some good ones, if you thought 1.1 was fast... then hang on son.

Its also built with the compatable system files from the Vivo Brazil port uploaded by Brohn. It makes for a more compact package, and he had init.d halfway there already. Though in hindsight I coud have just waited a week and used stayboogys method. They produce the same result, exept for some reason my version of init.d uses a version of the run-parts bianary that is quite a bit larger.

I wont have the update ready tonight, I got back late and dont wanna get into it tonight, but I am gonna do some themeing, If everything looks ok, I might post the disco white theme patch tonight.
  6. jamespfassett

7. johnnyg64

johnnyg64 Member

I gotta say nice rom, love it. one question how do i use the theme do un pack somewhere
  8. johnnyg64

johnnyg64 Member

yea I agree go launcher lags on the merit at least for me it did
  9. johnnyg64

johnnyg64 Member

yea I had some mms issues not receiving
  10. johnnyg64

johnnyg64 Member

I'm having mms issues seems its not receiving
  11. jamespfassett

Ok, thanks, that is one of the things that I am trying to change for the next version.
  12. Motorhead1991

Motorhead1991 Well-Known Member

MMS is one of those issues that are easily broken. Out of 5 beta testers (including jamespfasset and zajchik), two had MMS isues. one was Zajchik, which was related to him being in Serbia, and the other's phone is cursed or something (not really, but it has other problems).

By the way James, my next patch for my Beta ROM is up ;)
  13. jamespfassett

Nice, Ill give it a look, I always enjoy checkin your stuff out. Hows that big source project going?
  14. Motorhead1991

I'll be pulling the rest of it this weekend, then the fun begins.
  15. zajchik

zajchik Well-Known Member

Invited or not, here I come :p :D
  16. pmanwarren

i have a question what do you use to install the theme ?
  17. pmanwarren

how do i install it ?
  18. Motorhead1991

Clockworkmod recovery usually. What he does is theme the two main UI apps (framework-res and systemUI), then adds them to a CWM zip.
  19. pmanwarren

so i install them as a update or what ?
  20. Motorhead1991

Basically, yes.
  21. pmanwarren

well i cant figure it out ill wait
  22. jamespfassett

Sorry I was having some internet problems last night, To install the theme, dowload it and leave it zipped, then copy the file to your sd card. Now reboot into recovery and go to "install zip from sd" > "choose zip", select the file, install and reboot.
  23. pmanwarren

ok thanks ill try it after work
  24. pmanwarren

i tryed it and it says white out theme zip finding update opening update installing update and then it says installation aborted any ideas im running clockworkmod recovery 5.0.2.0
  25. jamespfassett

Hmm, I guess I dont know, Ill have to look at it.

In the meantime, The updated rom is loading to my dropbox right now. The theme was built on this version, but since the frameworks are the same it should not matter.

EDIT - I think I found the problem with the theme patch, I reloaded it my dropbox, should work now.
    pmanwarren likes this.