• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Merry Christmas to all...

still love mine. the only reason I'd switch is because there are times I wish I had 4G :rolleyes:

US Cellular and Verizon have 4G where I am but Virgin does not yet. Does anyone know, what is the monthly allotment for 4G on VM before they throttle it?

EDIT: I take that back. The coverage maps for my area have been updated and we DO now have LTE. Maybe time to start saving my pennies...

Upvote 0
We have it here too. I'm leaning heavily towards Ting just so I can get a decent phone. Unlike VM, they'll let you bring in a Sprint device. I can probably get a decent used Note 2 for what I originally paid for this.

If I could afford it, Verizon is by far the fastest around here, regardless of 4g or not.

The old Triumph gave a good run, but there is just too much out there to be stuck on gingerbread this long.

The wife picked up that ZTE Awe for $100 from VM. About the same size as the triumph, came with jb stock, simple to root, has zero issues and really out performs the triumph. A hundred Damn dollars.

Upvote 0
We have it here too. I'm leaning heavily towards Ting just so I can get a decent phone. Unlike VM, they'll let you bring in a Sprint device. I can probably get a decent used Note 2 for what I originally paid for this.

The ability to use new phones is one reason why I also switched to Ting. Before you buy a used phone, make sure to check the ESN here to verify it's eligible and not stolen.

You can also look through their BYOD phone list for other phones if you don't get a Note 2.

Feel free to use the link below in my signature to get $25 off when you sign up :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones