merryjohn w/ Exhibit II

1. merryjohn

merryjohn Member

My name is merryjohn. im from south carolina, US and currently own a samsung exhibit II.

I joined the forums to post my thanks for the help, which wasnt much as i found an alternative solution on my own, which i also joined to share.

Advertisement
    :
    krrt likes this.
  2. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

Welcome to AF, merryjohn! Glad you found some help worthy of your thanks, and even more glad you are already helping. THanks! :)
  3. DonB

DonB ♡ Spidey Sense !! ♡ ™ Moderator

MJ, Welcome :ciao: ,we are glad to have you, hope you enjoy the site.
  4. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>} Guide

Welcome aboard. ;)
  5. krrt

krrt Member

Hi merryjohn -

This is my intro post as well; thought I'd add it to yours as I am also in SC and have a Samsung Galaxy Exhibit 4G T679UVLG3 phone that finding a good rooting solution for had proven difficult. Hopefully Google et al will pick up on this post and my reply in your rooting thread in order that others will find the directions there/here. Thanks for a solution which is waaay easy and allows a successful root where so many other threads here and on other forums won't work with this particular model... :)

I can't post a link to that thread just yet - being a raw Noob :) - but if someone finds this reference to rooting the Samsung Galaxy Exhibit 4G T679UVLG3 via a search, then it's here at androidforums.com - after the trailing slash in androidforums.com/ add in the text below to get to merryjohn's instructions:

exhibit-4g-all-things-root/603204-howto-alternative-root-method-samsung-exhibit-2-ii-4g-read-only-filesystem-no-su.html

Note: I'm not trying to circumvent Forum rules, just trying to make it so others wanting to root the Galaxy Exhibit 4G T679UVLG3 can hopefully more easily find these currently (Oct 2012) working instructions. Are you getting this, Google? :D

-------------------------

This is my second 'Droid phone, I had a G2 prior, but it went for a swim Saturday night...

Like this phone, I rooted the G2 the first day I had it. I am a long-time Linux user, since '98, so the appeal of being root versus having my phone/OS controlled by a Corporate Mega-entity comes natural to me... :)

-----------------------

Thanks to the androidforums Owners, Admins, and Mods for providing such a great resource! As a web developer by trade and owner/mod/dishwasher of several much smaller but active community sites, I can only imagine what running this place must be like. My hat's off to you! :)