• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I just noticed on the USCC web site that the "mesmerize" is no longer available. I'm having so many issues with the phone freezing/locking up.

At a full service store (2 weeks ago) the technician said "having "GPS" on (all the time) was freezing/locking up the phone". GPS has been off for (2 weeks.) And...phone still freezes/locks up. Yes,, battery pull daily...

What do you think USCC will use to replace mesmerizes anything? I'm certainly not going to "down grade". I joined USSC in September of 2011. I love the service but beginning to be disappointed in this phone.

Yup. What a miss.

The Samsung Galaxy S Aviator is US Cellulars first 4G LTE smartphone. It comes with a 4.3-inch Super AMOLED Plus screen (no more Pentile Matrix), physical buttons just beneath the screen, 8MP rear camera/ 1.3MP front-facing camera, HDMI-out, and 1GHz Hummingbird processor. It launched with Android 2.3.6 and came with a 16GB micro sd card.

A 4.3 Super AMOLED and 1GHz Hummingbird? Holy crap, that's what was in the original Droid X!

Upvote 0
I know where you are coming from, I have only had my mesmerize for 3 months and mine had locked up, shut down randomly, and keeps foreclosing apps and the camera. I cant upgrade the phone til June of next year and am not in a state that supports US Cellular. Its a great phone but lately it has been posing many problems, as if i dont have enough stress to deal with college now I have to worry about my phone. I am one of those people who depend on the phone to contact family and stay in touch on social networking sites. Suggestions on phones would be upgrade to a Motorola they are dependable and durable.:p

Upvote 0
no Mesmerize is off the shelves unless you happen to find one laying around.

In any case, after being a customer of US Cellular since the 90's I've left them for 'greener' pastures.

It just started to drive me nuts. Their prices aren't really any better month to month than anyone else's(not substantially).

They're selling their Galaxy SII now for $350(minus rebate). SO you're still paying $350 for the phone. Other larger carriers now have the SII's at 50 or less.

Their customer service may be top notch but seriously how often are you calling customer service with a problem? If you're needing their help all the time there are bigger problems.

Upvote 0
no Mesmerize is off the shelves unless you happen to find one laying around.

In any case, after being a customer of US Cellular since the 90's I've left them for 'greener' pastures.

It just started to drive me nuts. Their prices aren't really any better month to month than anyone else's(not substantially).

They're selling their Galaxy SII now for $350(minus rebate). SO you're still paying $350 for the phone. Other larger carriers now have the SII's at 50 or less.

Their customer service may be top notch but seriously how often are you calling customer service with a problem? If you're needing their help all the time there are bigger problems.

I dunno, VZW is pretty pricey, and they are worse about forcing proprietary bloatware down your throat, IMO.

But I do hear what you're saying.

My problem is, in the area where I live, USCC has the best coverage of any carrier, including VZW.

It is very frustrating that they are always one year behind the rest of the market when it comes to phones. It would be easier to swallow if they would charge what the rest of the market charges. The GS2 is $50 now in VZW stores. Without a rebate. $350? For a phone that is about to be replaced by the GS3 in September or October?

I wouldn't mind getting rid of my Mez. It's been a decent phone, but now it's ready for retirement.

I like the GS2, but I'm not liking the fact that it is a 3G phone and we're 3-6 months away from getting 4G in my local market.

I'm also curious to see what happens with USCC and ICS. international GS2's are getting ready to upgrade to Ice Cream Sandwich.

Samsung and USCC completely screwed up the 2.1-->2.2-->2.3 transitions with the GS1, so I am not holding my breath for a "quick" release on these phones.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones