Mesmerize- Taking call while headphone 3.5mm jack in use.Support

Last Updated: 2012-04-16 23:20:13
  1. scooterbaga

scooterbaga Member

Hello,

I'm having trouble taking phone calls on my Mesmerize when I'm in the car. I'm using the headphones jack to play sound over the car speakers. When making/receiving a call I can hear them, they can't hear me. I've picked up in other threads, that this is because the phone thinks I've plugged in a headset with a mic. However, plugging in a mic'ed headset simply isn't an option for me.

Is there an app, or something that will allow me to use speakerphone while headphones are plugged in? Seems like such an obvious thing to have. How are people making/receiving calls when listening to music, etc? Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. LaTuFu

LaTuFu Well-Known Member Contributor

Have you tried using a Bluetooth setup in your car? Either a BT headset or (if your car audio is compatible) a BT connection to the audio?

I use wired headsets from time to time in the vehicle for music, but I discovered (by accident) that it didn't interfere with a BT headset at the same time.
  3. thestir

thestir Member

This is the single biggest thing I miss from my BlackBerry. I hope there is an answer or its fixed in 2.2.
  4. androidphiltn

androidphiltn Active Member

The galaxy s phones are on a new standard where the mic and ground are reversed from just about every other phone on the planet... Lol. I know, it sucks. I have some nice dr.dre beats headphones with the control talk mic... And the mic is completely useless. Anyway, I heard that there may be a nokia adapter that may help. Some nokias are the same way I hear. It's not a software problem though, it's a hardware problem. No update is gonna help I don't think.
  5. scooterbaga

scooterbaga Member

Ya, I've heard of that and similar work-arounds. I don't use a bluetooth headset, I don't plan to carry one around just for that. I just want to answer the phone when it rings...

So far the best solution is to just yank the headphones cord... Damn shame I can't hear the caller over the car stereo and use the perfectly adequate built in speakerphone...
  6. PeaveyAxe

PeaveyAxe Member

Did anybody ever find a solution to this problem?
  7. scooterbaga

scooterbaga Member

My solution came with the Froyo (2.2) update. Now answering calls while the headphones jack is in use works as expected. They can hear me, and I can hear them through the car speakers.

However, I don't get that many calls, and I always Reject With a Message because I forget it works now...
    PeaveyAxe likes this.
  8. cwgraf71

cwgraf71 Well-Known Member

Had no issue with my LG but my new samsung wasn't working until I went to custom rom them lost it at the upgrade so not sure what to think of that. Any info on a work around.

..Ok, found that Samsung and LG do use the 4 ring and found a 3.5mm audio cable that has 4 ring to 3 ring with built in microphone for about $4 going to give it a try..I verified the 4 ring by searching for "handsfree 3.5 on {Your device name}" you will see it is a 4 ring..Hope this info helps your search for a solution.
  9. cwgraf71

cwgraf71 Well-Known Member

I just received one of three cords I ordered. This one has the built in mic with a button you can use to connect and disconnect the call, it works. I have read that the 3 pin/conductor shorts out the fourth pin. So, it's a 4 pin/conductor or sometimes called a 3 ring (because it has 3 black rings) that needs to connect to the phone. I have a straight through cord without mic coming to see if the mic on the phone will work instead using the cord with mic. Here is the one I have so far and paid $3.49 for it.

[​IMG]eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

The only cords I can find say they are for the Iphone or I have found one for the Nokia phones.