Mesmerize vs. Desire

Last Updated:

1. Rhyno37

Rhyno37 Member This Topic's Starter

Nov 22, 2010
    So I bought a Samsung Mesmerize two days ago from US Cellular, its my first Android, but definitely not my first smart phone. I'm loving it, except for the battery life. I rarely use my phone until about 4 in the evening, until the the battery stays full, once I do start using it (browsing web and texting mainly), by 8 it is drained. Is this normal? Will it get better as time goes on? I didn't know how the HTC Desire was on battery life, as that is my only other option. Thanks.

2. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    If you're browsing on 3G for 4 straight hours you'll probably drain just about any device's battery. I'm not sure why people don't seem to get this but an individual's particular usage has a significant impact on battery life -- much in the same way that your particular driving style will affect the MPG that your vehicle gets. There are many threads with strategies on reducing battery use that you may want to reference. It doesn't hurt to analyze what exactly is using most of your battery and to address those items. This applies to any device.