Message alert icon shows I have a message when I don'tSupport

Last Updated:

1. Awesomeman

Awesomeman Member This Topic's Starter

I've been having a problem with my desire home screen (in particular the sms icon) and I'm wondering if anyone else knows how to fix it.

Recently my messages icon has been showing the little "1" in a green circle indicating I have an unread message. Problem is, I've gone through every list of messages I have on the device and there are no messages I haven't read and the "1" stays there. The only ways I've found to get rid of it are to either delete the icon and then put it back or to use Advance Task Killer and kill messages application. I'm not using any fancy apps for messages, just the default one.

My email counter is always perfect, this only seems to affect my sms. Also, my girlfriend told me she sent me a message a few days ago, but I never received it. Not sure if that's a happy coincidence, or if the phone got the message, is telling me I haven't read it, but isn't displaying it for me to see. All the other messages from her are plainly visible.

Any help would be appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. nekromantik

nekromantik Well-Known Member

I think its a bug.
    I get that sometimes when I get a text and I read it but the 1 is still there.
    Also after reading a new sms, the icon on the notification bar stays there too but thats easy to remove as u just press clear.

Also noticed sometimes I cant add anything to my homescreens. I press and hold and it comes up with the usual menu for widget, program etc but when I select something nothing happens.

3. gav28uk

gav28uk Active Member

Yup, I get the same. The way to reset the count is to delete *any* message. That seems to clear the bug.

4. pcbms

pcbms Well-Known Member

Another way round it is to remove the widget by long holding and dragging it down to the remove part of the screen and then adding the widget again in the normal way - the green "1" will then have disappeared

5. DesireMe

DesireMe Well-Known Member

I've noticed this, but it disappears fairly quickly. It's more of a delay than a problem in my case.

6. Goldy

Goldy Member

I've noticed this, if you send a text and receive another before closing down the messaging app it happens.

upon receiving another text seems to rectify the problem though, its just a little annoying