Message app crashes when opening in landscapeGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Ryukashin

Ryukashin Member This Topic's Starter

Hey I'm running Droid Eris on leaked 2.1v3

Over the last month or so I've noticed than when I open a text message while holding the phone in landscape the app crashes and has to be forced to close. Also sometimes I notices that the keyboard is a little laggy and the text doesn't show up on the screen until I minimize the keyboard.

Has anyone else had these problems or know of a fix?

Also on a side note how to I save pictures sent to me in mms to my media card?

Thanks,

Ryukashin

Advertisement
  2. Ryukashin

bump does anyone at least know how i can save pictures from a MMS to my SD card?

3. xx_bishop_xx

xx_bishop_xx Well-Known Member

From what I recall, try a long press on the message (not on the picture) and a pop up menu should appear with an option to save picture. Pictures are saved to the card. The default directory on the card is /sdcard/downloads.

In terms of the software crashing, have you performed a factory reset since the 2.1v3 update? According to many opinions, this step seems to address a lot of issues that many were experiencing after the update.

http://androidforums.com/htc-droid-eris/80233-factory-data-reset-option.html

4. Ryukashin

Alright thanks that worked. No I havent done a factory data reset yet. I guess I'll try that on my next day off. For that can I backup everything on my phone and restore it after the reset?

thanks

5. xx_bishop_xx

xx_bishop_xx Well-Known Member

You bet. Yeah, it kinda sucks to have to wipe the phone, but it made a world of difference in my case. I think you won't be disappointed. Backing up is no problem. Good luck.

http://androidforums.com/htc-droid-eris/41385-how-backup-your-htc-eris.html

6. Roaddog

Roaddog Well-Known Member

I actually had the messege app crash bug too, and couldn't get it to work. I did a factory reset but was still having issues with it. I eventually got fed up and downloaded Handcent from the market. It took some tweaking and a little adjustment, but I don't miss the stock app at all any more.