Message being associated with wrong Facebook friend?

Last Updated:

1. midasmax

midasmax Member This Topic's Starter

Hi there, I've actually encoutered this really weird problem! Just got my desire yesterday and enjoying it very much, but I'm still having trouble figuring my way around! :)

One bizarre problem is that, I have an SMS in my SIM from an automated web service (SQFltInfo) containing my flight information. For some strange reason, my phone has decided to link this to a random friend of mine on Facebook. From what I can see, the names share no similarity whatsoever! I am wondering how can I remove this link between received SMS contacts and my friend's facebook profile because it's obviously not correct!

Thank you very much!

Advertisement
  2. Yenzehn

Yenzehn Well-Known Member

Go to the contacts application, not sure about the English name for this.

Open the profile of person in question.

In the upper right corner there is a an image of a chain with the text "linked"

Click this and unlink the two profiles.

3. midasmax

Hi Yenzehn, thanks for the quick reply. I think the contacts application would be 'People'.

I have tried going to the profile of the person in question and clicking on the chain with the text link. The weird thing is there doesn't exist any link between that person and the message contact. It's really bizarre! I'm not even sure why it associated an SMS from a sender with service name 'SQfltInfo' with my friend whose name bears no resemblance whatsoever ... begins with 'E'

4. Yenzehn

Yenzehn Well-Known Member

Hmn okay.

Have you tried making a profile in people for the service?

It may be be a bit of an odd solution but it might either reset the connection or make you able to unlink it,

5. marky9074

marky9074 Well-Known Member

This is a bug and has been mentioned a few times... for me texts from my network provider get linked to a facebook friend...

6. midasmax

Ah, I see ... that's pretty weird isn't it. I've tried creating a profile with the name of the service/network provider. Tried linking the message to it but it still always shows the picture of the random friend that it selected from the start (even though it's now linked to another profile).

Anyway to fix this?

Thanks so much everyone!

7. Cookee

Cookee New Member

Get hold of your Facebook friend and ask him to remove any text in his phone numbers - it should show up as text in your details - the answer is on another thread and I'm having the same issues!