Message counter stuck at ~200Support

Last Updated:

1. New Member This Topic's Starter

Feb 19, 2010
    Hello all, I searched this topic and browsed through the first 5 or 6 pages of threads and didn't see a similar topic so i hope this isn't a noob question. I have had my Moto Droid (Verizon) for a couple weeks and was noticing that my Message Counter (In the parenthesis next to the senders name) is not accurate. It seems like once it gets up around 200 it just kind of bounces around between 200 and 210. This is the case with the Droid Messenger, Chomp SMS, and now with Handcent as well. I've checked through most of the settings and options for both the phone itself and for Handcent and I'm not sure why this is happening. I was talking to my friend that has a MyTouch the other day and her phone says we have text over 4K times yet mine is at 200 so i would say there is a bit of a discrepancy there. Thanks for any light you can shed on this issue.

2. Coogi

Coogi Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Thats because it only keeps a limited number of messages, default for sms is 200, and default for mms is 20. its just the settings tab in messaging.

Edit: You can also make it hold more of each. I had mine at 300 sms and 20 still for mms.
  3. Waldo

Waldo Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2010

I'd just like to have the counter functional after 202 so I can keep track of how many I use easier

edit- nevermind I just discovered the almighty settings in the messaging app and I found I can change it to 5000 and also turn off deleting old messages