Message delivered as plain text...General

Last Updated:

1. ninjasenses

ninjasenses Active Member This Topic's Starter

When someone on the verizon network sends me a text longer then 160char's, they recieve a message that looks like the following: MEssage delivered to 5555551234 as plain text destination does not support enhanced messaging.

and I recieve a message saying:

the preceding msg modified, media objects were removed.

Why do they recieve this does is this phone seriously not able to recieve longer texts than 160 or does it not automatically split it up?? How can I prevent this annoyance from occuring?

Advertisement
  2. odaxium

odaxium Well-Known Member

It should split them up, I got a text that was split into 3 sections from a friend of mine

and it gives the media objects removed message since the SMS will not display animations

3. ninjasenses

ninjasenses Active Member This Topic's Starter

is there anyway I can stop this notification from going to the other phone?

4. AwesomeIT

AwesomeIT Well-Known Member

No. As far as I know your phone doesn't send this message, the VZW network does. Some phones will allow you to input more than 160 characters and will break it up while others only allow 160 characters to be inputed.

To summarize - Those notification messages are sent by the VZW network. The ability to send messages longer than 160 characters that are split up is a software feature of a particular cell phone.

5. altimax98

altimax98 Well-Known Member

Use handcent as your sms program and in the settings it will say "split texts longer then 160 (useful for verizon users)" and that will make it so when you send more then 160 it wont come up on your phone or thiers....

if they dont have a droid, well sucks for them cause they should :p

6. kellinwood

kellinwood Member

I got this error when I forwarded an MMS containing more than 160 chars. Apparently it sent the message as an SMS instead... stupid phone. In fact this is the only thing I miss about my EnV, the ability to easily initiate an MMS without having to select a photo from the album first.

Ken

7. kellinwood

kellinwood Member

I got this error when I forwarded an MMS containing more than 160 chars. Apparently it sent the message as an SMS instead... stupid phone. In fact this is the only thing I miss about my EnV, the ability to easily initiate an MMS without having to select a photo from the album first.

Ken

8. huskergirl99

huskergirl99 New Member

I also get the message saying, "preceding msg modified, media objects were removed" each and EVERY time I send a text over 160 characters, and my setting is set to Split 160. UGH! This is SO irritating!!!! Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Also, when people text me they receive the "message delivered to 5555551234 as plain text destination does not support enhanced messaging."What in the world!?!?? I have one of the newest and neatest phones out there, and it doesn't support enhanced messaging?!?!? Again, any help would be great!

Thanks in advance for any suggestions and/or advice and/or feedback. :)

9. Jaxx10

Jaxx10 Well-Known Member

just make sure you have auto split enabled on outgoing texts in ur (handcent or what ever app u use)