Message Failed - Orange networkSupport

Last Updated:

1. ThEGr33k

ThEGr33k Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Im not sure if its the orange network that might be at fault or the phone? It was happening when I was running it on Orange branding quite a lot, it seems to be doing it less now with the standard ROM but still is.

Whats happening;

On occasion when I send a text (with seemingly strong reception) it instantly says its failed. I know when I manually send it again people tell me that they received it more than once. That to me makes it look like the phone is sending the message but saying it failed.

Any idea of any possible fix?

Advertisement
  2. tef89

tef89 Well-Known Member

It's a very common problem (especially on Orange).

I've had it for months and it comes and goes and is quite frustrating, less so since I switched to using Handcent and have it set to not make an audible alert when it fails - it just pops a temporary icon in the notification bar until it's sent.

The messages do send (in my case) either straight after failing or within a minute or so.

After everything I found out in mine (and a few other's) cases it would seem to be either a network issue or a local mast problem that's made worse by the Desire being more susceptable to fail (or to report the fail more rapidly) when sending msgs.

I have never found a reliable fix so I just live with it.

ThEGr33k likes this.
  3. ThEGr33k

ThEGr33k Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ah cool. I guessed it might be something like that but its always good to hear someone else has come to the same conclusion :)

4. tef89

tef89 Well-Known Member

Yeh definitely :)

My work colleague has exactly the same phone / network so it was easier to try and figure stuff out. Along with this great forum too ofcourse.