"Message Failed to Download" MMS didn't fail???Support

Last Updated:

1. stainlessray

stainlessray Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

EVO, froyo, unrooted. using chompsms....

every time i receive a MMS, it downloads to chomp, and then i get a stupid message that it failed to download.... BUT IT DIDN'T fail. i am looking at it when the error interrupts me. and GOD help me if i get 3 or 4 pics at the same time!!!!!

think i've seen this in the forum before, but can't find a related toipic in this sea of topics. help would be appreciated, even if you just point me to a thread that already addresses it.

Advertisement
  2. dricky

dricky Active Member

I know when I had trouble with my MMS, it was because wifi was on while I received it and it had an error. Even after I took off my wifi it was a problem so I just restarted the phone and it was fine.

3. stainlessray

stainlessray Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

i'll look into the connection to wifi, but i've had the problem for quite sometime now. and it occurs when im on the road, and not connected to wifi. not to mention that a true solution would be nice, because i receive mms's while on wifi all the time, and this bug is beginning to really frustrate me.

4. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

clear data etc for chomp, uninstall chomp, then re install it from the market

5. garettpony

garettpony Member

Same problem here - I have chomp as well, I have recently factory reset my phone so all apps, including chomp, have been cleaned and reinstalled and I continue to receive the error message. Really annoying - have not been able to find a fix.