Message notifications

Last Updated:

1. mykeh

mykeh Active Member This Topic's Starter

Dec 27, 2009

I recently updated my hero to the latest ROM and the problem of the trackball continuously flashing stopped... (the one where it would flash even when you've read the text message). It's started doing it again, when I view my texts by just clciking the message icon, the notification sticks even once i have read the message. I have to drag the notifications bar down and click the notification to get rid of it, it started off just doing it once I'd read the message without opening the notifications bar. I've just tried using handcent and chompsms, but I am very much a "perfectionist" and the look and feel of them both is not of that which feels native to the hero. I wish the app looked just like the default one... but I can't seem to get it like that, so I'll have to put up with the notification thing unless someone can suggest it?? I might start using smspopup again but I am worried that whilst it is in my pocket it will read or delete the message itself, eurgh this is so annoying...

Does anyone have any idea?

Can't wait for android 2.0, hopefully then they'll be more than happy to fix the errors :rolleyes:

edit: it's not even clearing once i press it in the notifications thing, i have to press clear notifications???!!

2. jbrizz

jbrizz Member

Dec 28, 2009
    I have this problem too mate, I posted over here. You can go clear data in applications to fix it temporarily.