1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Message receiving and apps problemsSupport

1. mike_lazenby

mike_lazenby New Member

Hello,
    I have two problems, making my Wildfire S a real pain.

1) My HTC has suddenly started receiving messages whenever it feels like it. Yesterday I received a text 6 hours after it was sent, another one 4 hours after, and some just a few minutes after, it's been happening for a few days. Sending messages is not a problem, neither is calling.

2) Any apps that I use that automatically refresh (E.g. Twitter) are set to update every 5 minutes, yet they have stopped doing so.

These problems both started a couple of days ago, I've tried battery and SIM pulls etc. but no luck. On the day it started I'd installed 4 new game apps (Angry Birds, Parking Truck, Pool Master Pro and Air Hockey).
    This leaves me with two thoughts, it could be either:
    - A bad app
    - A memory issue (The internal memory has about 15mb remaining)

Any thoughts?

Advertisement
    :
  2. mike_lazenby

mike_lazenby New Member

UPDATE: I uninstalled 'Parking Truck' to find that my Twitter feed was back to refreshing itself every 5 minutes as it should do!
    I tested to see if my phone would receive texts and that is working without delay.

Problem appears to be solved! :smokingsomb:
    However if anyone has anything to try in case this happens again, I would be very grateful.
  3. Amberleaf

Amberleaf Member

I hate when a bad app messes up the phone! >.<; Can't remember what I had, but I had an app that kept causing things to crash... so I had to uninstall it. :c Another app caused my battery to die like crazy, and even with light use it was nearly dead in a few hours. Yikes!

Basically, sometimes the app just doesn't like your phone. I've heard that's not really something you can fix. :eek:
  4. Caro332

Caro332 Well-Known Member

Make sure that you always have a min of 20mb free. Otherwise you'll start getting problems like you have experienced. Not sure if that was the problem but a lack of memory definitely affects the phone is bad ways
  5. Amberleaf

Amberleaf Member

I usually only have a problem with less than 15 MB of memory free. And I would know, because usually I have like an average of 15 1/2 MB free and I can still do everything, lol! :D
  6. Liamo_210

Liamo_210 Well-Known Member

I dont use the wildfire s anymore but when i did i resolved the memory problem by rooting and uninstalling all the bloatware etc.
  7. Amberleaf

Amberleaf Member

Rooting is starting to look to be my only option, LOL! I like to use Facebook and Tumblr and all sorts of games, and I'm pretty sure that my phone is calculating available free memory wrongly, too. >_>;
  8. DatAwkwardFoe

DatAwkwardFoe New Member

To the previous post: my Wildfire S is also calculating some things wrong, specifically, the remaining internal memory. Although I know that there's at least 30 megabytes left, sometimes it suddenly asks me to remove some apps because of low memory. I'm also rooted, though running on stock ROM.
  9. Caro332

Caro332 Well-Known Member

I don't know why you have that problem but if you have link2sd, you could remount the scripts and relink the apps. Maybe that will fic it.
    And if you don't use it then sorry but I don't really know how you could fix it.