• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help message sending constantly failing?

mcchriswood

Mar 3, 2010
Guys.
Today at work i went into my people app and sent a contact card too a friend.
When i done this it went to send it through messages rather than through handcent for whatever reason.
either way the friend didn't get the contact card.
After this i went into handcent to send a contact and nothing would send.
So i tried sending a normal text message and nothing.
After half an hour i rebooted phone but still nothing do i decided to turn phone off and take battery and sim card out and then turn back on.
This still didnt fix it so i went into manage applications and cleared all cache and data from htc messages app.
Again this didn't work but im worried what data i may have deleted now??
3 hours later and everything was working ok or seeming too however every now and then i got the message sending failed.
Ive had full signal throughout this.
Whats the problem??
Also when i now recieve a message im getting 2 messag notifications come up one from handcent the other from htc messages app?
On another note what cache can i clear??
Ive got astro which allows me too clear thumbnail and internal cache which i do weekly but how can i clear all my application cache at once? and should i clear caches??
Thanks

Hi, I know this is almost a year late, but I noticed the same on my Desire HD. T-Mobile send me messages saying why they failed and it turns out that for some reason when replying to messages it removes the + from the +44 which renders the number useless...guess I will have to replace +44 with a 0...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones